Allentown 2020

Just got a DCI email announcing 2 night package for previous purchasers will be online Sept. 30th only and says by special invite because of being a previous purchaser. Just in case the rains in Houston have fouled up your email delivery or if you need to mark your calendar as a reminder... (new meaning for the Michaelmas term evidently.)

Conclusion:  Allentown remains 2 nights but doesn't say whether the usual suspects will appear on the usual nights. May not even know 9/30 but may have to wait until Thanksgiving.

Also got another email announcing a new skytop breakfast and all day lunch place in Allentown so that one can overlook Hamilton and the Lehigh Valley. Sounds interesting and a change from HamFam (who actually was a sponsor this year) and Yoko's.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, xandandl said:

Just got a DCI email announcing 2 night package for previous purchasers will be online Sept. 30th only and says by special invite because of being a previous purchaser. Just in case the rains in Houston have fouled up your email delivery or if you need to mark your calendar as a reminder... (new meaning for the Michaelmas term evidently.)

Conclusion:  Allentown remains 2 nights but doesn't say whether the usual suspects will appear on the usual nights. May not even know 9/30 but may have to wait until Thanksgiving.

Also got another email announcing a new skytop breakfast and all day lunch place in Allentown so that one can overlook Hamilton and the Lehigh Valley. Sounds interesting and a change from HamFam (who actually was a sponsor this year) and Yoko's.

Just curious if anyone got aletter this year for allentown 2 night package.  I only got an email today at 10:01 telling me they epwere on sale today.  Missed my chance at my usual seats. Darn

i got the first email 2 weeks ago, the follow up today as ticket ordering opened. of course i was ordering when that email came in

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i got the first email 2 weeks ago, the follow up today as ticket ordering opened. of course i was ordering when that email came in

Same here.  Got the tickets I wanted.  Allentown is our "Finals" and  follows (ends) our yearly south-eastern tour, which usually starts in Little Rock.  Tour does not include San Antonio nor Atlanta, since we will not attend indoor contests.😉

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Got an  email  a couple of weeks ago.

Got the  second one when ticket sales opened.

I miss the days when you could keep the same seats every year.

Did have some issues with ticketing.

Couldn't get my usual seats.

When I clicked on them they were available.

When i went to purchase,they were in "transition" and unavailable.

The problem is there's no way to know what's going to happen with those transactions.

I got decent seats.

But I checked a couple of hours late.

Several of the seats that were in "transition" were now "available".

Thanks for responses.  I did not get the email two weeks ago but dod get the one yesterday, but unfortunately i cannot access my gmail at work so diidnt see the email until last night.  By then almost the entire middle sections were wiped clean.  i usually sit in rows 30 and up etc but got down close in row 10 but on the fifty, so i guess i will be in the blast zone.  getting tickets for allentown has always been stressful, wish it were easier but oh well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Some positive news from Allentown about the show July 31 and Aug. 1

Will corps be able to stock up for that final push?  Will fans choose this over funnel cake, HamFam, and Yocco's? Health and Safety Committee's doings?

https://www.mcall.com/business/retail-watch/mc-biz-radish-republic-opening-friday-downtown-allentown-20191008-hs3k5lgucfcprfeq66qlpplawe-story.html

• 2 months later...

The Hamilton Street Bridge in Allentown has been under construction for some time. Construction of the bridge is taking significantly longer than anticipated.

Morning Call (Monday, Jan. 6th) features article about financial problems at the Ham Fam and difficulties with traffic around J. Birney Crum ongoing into the summer and perhaps Autumn according to local reports beyond this article.

https://www.mcall.com/business/mc-biz-allentown-hamilton-street-bridge-work-20200106-t4g4pkclbbfgdfoixlzk2o6tge-story.html

Edited by xandandl