Should DCI judges go all the way?

Look at Prosperie go back towards the battery.....he....could.....go....all.....the.....way!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:33 PM, FlamMan said:

Yes.

Nothing against the current marching members as they are just as talented as we were, but the current judging and “show designers” have neutered drum corps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why did you wimp out? The obvious denouement of this idea is for competitive outcomes to be decided entirely by online voting by fans. ALL of us are capable judges, surely. You could call whatever score-keeping system that is devised the "Sanjaya-tron".

Edited by flugelswerebugels

13 hours ago, flugelswerebugels said:

Why did you wimp out? The obvious denouement of this idea is for competitive outcomes to be decided entirely by online voting by fans. ALL of us are capable judges, surely. You could call whatever score-keeping system that is devised the "Sanjaya-tron".

Not all of us dinosaurs have our own computers. (I use the public library's; much cheaper than paying for all those updates the tech-mess people generate to make a salary.) (I still have a rotary phone which works well; I don't text message due to my hand tremors and eyesight.) 

You millennials would control the judging just like WGI with snowflakes and unicorns. 

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

Not all of us dinosaurs have our own computers. (I use the public library's; much cheaper than paying for all those updates the tech-mess people generate to make a salary.) (I still have a rotary phone which works well; I don't text message due to my hand tremors and eyesight.) 

You millennials would control the judging just like WGI with snowflakes and unicorns. 

You realize that "Millennials" are now 23-38? Curious how you're posting this? You have 11k posts, so you're not hurting for access the the inter tubes.

49 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

You realize that "Millennials" are now 23-38? Curious how you're posting this? You have 11k posts, so you're not hurting for access the the inter tubes.

the librarians assure me they get a commission of each posting. I thought I was complimenting your youthful style. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

the librarians assure me they get a commission of each posting. I thought I was complimenting your youthful style. Oh well.

I'm not a millennial, I just find it humorous when I see the people that raised the millennials complaining about how millennials turned out. 

• Haha 1

On 9/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

Nothing against the current marching members as they are just as talented as we were, but the current judging and “show designers” have neutered drum corps. 

The corps hire the staff and design team. The Judges are told how they want to be judged by the member corps. Keep that in mind when throwing the bricks.

• Thanks 1