Should DCI judges go all the way?

On 9/23/2019 at 3:11 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

Now I have that #### Raspberries song “Go All the Way” stuck in my head. Well the chorus anyway... yuck

C'mon, Jim. The song is catchy and easy to dance to. It could even be a great show theme for some DCI World Class Corps. I give it an 87. :innocent:

• Haha 1

This premise is positively Shakespearean, complete with references to the Bard of Avon (the river, not the cool HS band).

" ...suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. "

Though the great playwright opined that "brevity is the soul of wit", this lengthy and well-constructed screed may be the exception that proves the rule. It's witty, to be sure.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ironlips said:

This premise is positively Shakespearean, complete with references to the Bard of Avon (the river, not the cool HS band).

" ...suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. "

Though the great playwright opined that "brevity is the soul of wit", this lengthy and well-constructed screed may be the exception that proves the rule. It's witty, to be sure.

Well... it did go all the way.... :whistle:

On 9/24/2019 at 1:53 PM, xandandl said:

No the addiction to power held by the same few for so long is a hard kingdom to undo. One person has held the same position for 47 years! (I believe in term limits.)

If they can do the job competently, that's fine, but I also believe there needs to be some sort of steady rotation to find acceptable people since well... someone who's been doing it for 47 years is about 70 at the minimum, and they won't last forever.

On 9/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, xandandl said:

Is it time for DCI Judges to go all the way?

That's really between the judges and their significant others, don't you think?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:10 AM, greg_orangecounty said:

I think they should go all the way back to broadway, off broadway, or local theater production. 

Yes.