Staff Changes - DCA version

Algernon

18 hours ago, grenadasmoothie said:

I can confirm the Bush move. Sort of merging into an indoor program in Wilmington. Imperial Dynasty, I think?

correct. ID has a good logistics person in place, and it can help give some stability in certain ways to Bush. ID has great ties to the region. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Do you have anything positive to specifically name or did you start the thread just so you could to use your word "trash" Hurcs like you so often do to certain World Class DCI corps on their thread?

they love to toss bombs reardless the target. I haven't really heard anyone trashing Hurcs tho

20 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Wow... I know it wasn't their best summer, but I had no idea all that stuff was going on.

Just when it seemed they had momentum after a solid 2018 season.

They were pretty decent at prelims. Especially if all the internal issues happened.

32 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

correct. ID has a good logistics person in place, and it can help give some stability in certain ways to Bush. ID has great ties to the region. 

I have a guess tax issues may also come into play as well to make the move even more appealing.

16 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

How do NJ and DE differ in dealing with non-profit organizations that would create tax issues?

I don't believe there is any difference. Perhaps changes how things are reported. What I like about the move, it places operations closer to West Chester University, a wealth of potential members there. Music majors, too! 

Love to see a Championship at University of Delaware. Could bring that a little closer to reality.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

How do NJ and DE differ in dealing with non-profit organizations that would create tax issues?

More that there are no sales taxes in DE for items. One can save a lot on big ticket items or large orders of whatever. 10k in Gear in PA may incur a 600 dollar sales tax- in DE, Zero.

9 minutes ago, BigW said:

More that there are no sales taxes in DE for items. One can save a lot on big ticket items or large orders of whatever. 10k in Gear in PA may incur a 600 dollar sales tax- in DE, Zero.

In most states, NJ included, I believe, non-profits do not pay sales tax on purchases.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I don't believe there is any difference. Perhaps changes how things are reported. What I like about the move, it places operations closer to West Chester University, a wealth of potential members there. Music majors, too! 

Love to see a Championship at University of Delaware. Could bring that a little closer to reality.

The Blue Hen stadium's a nice one from my experience.

8 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Speaking of West Chester...LOL... the WCU Incomparable Golden Rams Marching Band was the recipient of the prestigious Sudler Trophy last weekend:

https://wcupa.edu/communications/newsroom/2019/09.18SudlerTrophy.aspx