Staff Changes - DCA version

Algernon

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

be tough to get Labor Day tho.

That #### college football getting in the way.  :laughing:

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I wonder if that's one reason it took so long for the band to win this award... because the school is Div. 2, not top-level Div. 1.

It's been one of the best college bands anywhere for decades now.

It's the reason. No national presence like many of the more well known college units.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And the laughing face is for the not an FBS powerhouse line. BigW and I both went to PA state schools and Division II. 

It was nice when I took care of the Tuba section there in 1985. I had a guy from Crossmen and Bucs on the one end of the line and myself on the other. Things got done, everyone else was pretty much told to stay between us, it went well.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BigW said:

It was nice when I took care of the Tuba section there in 1985. I had a guy from Crossmen and Bucs on the one end of the line and myself on the other. Things got done, everyone else was pretty much told to stay between us, it went well.

When I was at IUP playing trombone had another trombone from Finleyville Royal Crusaders. Section head would always ask each person before a show “are you ready?” for various reasons. After a bit he told us “I’m not going to ask you two anymore. You #### corps guys know what to do”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

That #### college football getting in the way.  :laughing:

i know right? it's our field

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Two great bands, I agree.

Brenda's a WCU alum... joined Crossmen when she was there.  WCU was called "Crossmen University" by some folks back then.  LOL.

And you're right...  in general, not always the case, the pipeline for WCU members who wanted to march corps was Crossmen for DCI, then if you wanted to continue in senior/all-age, Buccaneers.... and some to Westshoremen as well. Or all three, like Brenda. 🙂

Many a Cadet went and marched WCU including the Litz.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

marching band led by Bucs alumnus and member of the Buglers hall of Fame Heidi Sarver

who worked with Hannum, Klesch, DeGroff, etc. when she was first at UMass Minutemen learning from George Parks. Her assistant, also a UMass and Cadets alum is Jim Ancona known for his great front ensemble and percussion work at Cadets, Crown, and Cavaliers.

Edited by xandandl