Pioneer tidbit

WGI news- I see where the entity formerly known ad Pioneer Indoor based in Illinois is coming out as an Open line knowm as Pi Percussion. To the best of my knowledge, this group has no current ties to Pioneer.

Meanwhile, there is an A line called Pioneer Indoor based in Milwaukee that has registered.  I wish the best to the members of that line, but where are these members going to come from?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

WGI news- I see where the entity formerly known ad Pioneer Indoor based in Illinois is coming out as an Open line knowm as Pi Percussion. To the best of my knowledge, this group has no current ties to Pioneer.

Meanwhile, there is an A line called Pioneer Indoor based in Milwaukee that has registered.  I wish the best to the members of that line, but where are these members going to come from?

Milwaukee? Cudahy? Benet Lake?

• Sad 1

DCI expelled Pioneer in part because their director was recalcitrant when confronted with complaints and referred to whistle-blowers as "snitches".

But look at the bright side: at least he didn't call for them to be executed!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, wolfgang said:

They were Pi Percussion for last season in WGI. No ties to Pioneer.  They are from my hometown, Romeoville, Illinois and rehearse at my old high school. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They were Pi Percussion for last season in WGI. No ties to Pioneer.  They are from my hometown, Romeoville, Illinois and rehearse at my old high school. 

and hence why Jim calls you "Juliet" ???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Their first performance will be on 3.14. 

I’ll let myself out. 

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Technically, they were tied to Pioneer in the early days - The former Pioneer Indoor now known as Pi Percussion has been based in Romeoville since pretty much their inception. They were using Pioneer's Equipment and buses in the DCI off season to save costs. There was some overlap in staff initially with Adam Hill Serving as Director of the Indoor group and percussion caption head at Pioneer Drum Corps  in the early years (2008-2010 maybe?). 

Fast forward to this past WGI season, Pi Percussion (for good reason) drops the Pioneer name. Shortly after this Pioneer's DCI status is revoked but they still participate in the Southside Irish Parade with the help of alumni and a few students from a local Chicago school taught by a Pioneer alum (not Adam as listed above). There was some momentum captured through this effort which lasted through the summer in the form of a summer parade group (drumline). It seems they are hoping to have a home base in Milwaukee and continue to offer opportunities to the students who have been part of the summer group who are mainly from the Chicago area. This group may be be supported by Pioneer in some way shape or form but guessing that will only be equipment and transportation to shows. 

A lot can happen in a few months though.

• Like 2

I found this a bit curious. It’s from Wikipedia so I don’t know how accurate it is.

SponsorshipEdit

Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) musical organization. As such, it has a Board of Advisors, director, and staff assigned to carry out the organization's mission. The organization is under the direction of interim CEO, William Strube and an interim Board of Advisors. However, the interim board of directors does not have the legal authority to remove current Board members, or make legal decisions on behalf of the corps without permission of the existing Board of Directors.[11]

Edited by Brian Tuma

5 hours ago, copyright said:

Technically, they were tied to Pioneer in the early days - The former Pioneer Indoor now known as Pi Percussion has been based in Romeoville since pretty much their inception. They were using Pioneer's Equipment and buses in the DCI off season to save costs. There was some overlap in staff initially with Adam Hill Serving as Director of the Indoor group and percussion caption head at Pioneer Drum Corps  in the early years (2008-2010 maybe?). 

Fast forward to this past WGI season, Pi Percussion (for good reason) drops the Pioneer name. Shortly after this Pioneer's DCI status is revoked but they still participate in the Southside Irish Parade with the help of alumni and a few students from a local Chicago school taught by a Pioneer alum (not Adam as listed above). There was some momentum captured through this effort which lasted through the summer in the form of a summer parade group (drumline). It seems they are hoping to have a home base in Milwaukee and continue to offer opportunities to the students who have been part of the summer group who are mainly from the Chicago area. This group may be be supported by Pioneer in some way shape or form but guessing that will only be equipment and transportation to shows. 

A lot can happen in a few months though.

I’ve known Adam since he was in the RHS band.