Pioneer tidbit

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCI expelled Pioneer in part because their director was recalcitrant when confronted with complaints and referred to whistle-blowers as "snitches".

But look at the bright side: at least he didn't call for them to be executed!

Snitches just get stitches. 

snitches-get-stitches-and-end-up-in-ditches.jpg

Sneetches-get-stitches.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, wolfgang said:

WGI news- I see where the entity formerly known ad Pioneer Indoor based in Illinois is coming out as an Open line knowm as Pi Percussion. To the best of my knowledge, this group has no current ties to Pioneer.

Meanwhile, there is an A line called Pioneer Indoor based in Milwaukee that has registered.  I wish the best to the members of that line, but where are these members going to come from?

As others have stated, Pi Percussion (formerly known as Pioneer Indoor) had loose ties to the Pioneer corps in the early years.  Adam Hill served as Pioneer percussion coordinator/ caption head and arranger, while also serving as director of Pioneer Indoor.  Over the years, that group became more independent of the Pioneer corps and ultimately made the decision to sever all ties last year.

The new Pioneer Indoor group will be comprised of members from the Milwaukee/Chicago region.  Some of those members were a part of the group that performed in parades & Drum Line Battle this summer.  Others are still being recruited.  More information will be available in the near future.

3 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I found this a bit curious. It’s from Wikipedia so I don’t know how accurate it is.

SponsorshipEdit

Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) musical organization. As such, it has a Board of Advisors, director, and staff assigned to carry out the organization's mission. The organization is under the direction of interim CEO, William Strube and an interim Board of Advisors. However, the interim board of directors does not have the legal authority to remove current Board members, or make legal decisions on behalf of the corps without permission of the existing Board of Directors.[11]

That is an accurate statement.  You can read a tidbit more here under requirement #1:

https://pioneer-corps.org/news/837-pioneer-alumni,-booster-friends-meeting-recap.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I found this a bit curious. It’s from Wikipedia so I don’t know how accurate it is.

SponsorshipEdit

Pioneer Drum & Bugle Corps & Color Guard, Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) musical organization. As such, it has a Board of Advisors, director, and staff assigned to carry out the organization's mission. The organization is under the direction of interim CEO, William Strube and an interim Board of Advisors. However, the interim board of directors does not have the legal authority to remove current Board members, or make legal decisions on behalf of the corps without permission of the existing Board of Directors.[11]

Remember that when the mess started and accurate. Another wth moment with the corps as basically saying “We’ll replace the board like DCI wants. But only if they want to go”. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

11 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

SponsorshipEdit

8 hours ago, PioneerWebmaster said:

That is an accurate statement.  You can read a tidbit more here under requirement #1:

https://pioneer-corps.org/news/837-pioneer-alumni,-booster-friends-meeting-recap.html

It was accurate back in October, but 11 months later... seems like Pioneer has chosen not to take advice from the "interim board of advisors".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

It was accurate back in October, but 11 months later... seems like Pioneer has chosen not to take advice from the "interim board of advisors".

well because of who "owns" Pioneer

• Like 3

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Yeah and he has “founder’s syndrome”. 

I brought up another syndrome and got royally roasted for it. Longer this goes on the more I’m thinking there is something going on behind the scenes. And I mean something other than you know who is doing this because of stubbornness or selfishness.....

But have seen this before so it comes to mind easily 

• Like 1