Pioneer tidbit

According to the 19 Sep 2019 Pioneer newsletter (https://pioneer-corps.org/news-from-the-top/852-news-from-the-top-september-19th,-2019.html) their drumline was at the DCI drumline battle in Indy (!)

" DrumLine Battle

In conjunction with DCI Championship week, the annual DrumLine Battle competition took place in Indianapolis on Saturday, August 10th.  The Pioneer Percussion Ensemble performed three times as part of the festivities.  They were also joined by several color guard members, as shown in the picture below.  While the the older-aged corps lines beat them in the competition, they looked great!  The bright green T-shirts donated by John Schoenknecht (#444) made no doubt that the ensemble was Pioneer.  After the performances, all of the members had tickets to watch the DCI Finals. It was a hot day in Indianapolis, but the members enjoyed nice cool A.C. supplied by Bus #68. It worked great throughout the entire day! "

I thought they were not allowed to participate in DCI.

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

According to the 19 Sep 2019 Pioneer newsletter (https://pioneer-corps.org/news-from-the-top/852-news-from-the-top-september-19th,-2019.html) their drumline was at the DCI drumline battle in Indy (!)

" DrumLine Battle

In conjunction with DCI Championship week, the annual DrumLine Battle competition took place in Indianapolis on Saturday, August 10th.  The Pioneer Percussion Ensemble performed three times as part of the festivities.  They were also joined by several color guard members, as shown in the picture below.  While the the older-aged corps lines beat them in the competition, they looked great!  The bright green T-shirts donated by John Schoenknecht (#444) made no doubt that the ensemble was Pioneer.  After the performances, all of the members had tickets to watch the DCI Finals. It was a hot day in Indianapolis, but the members enjoyed nice cool A.C. supplied by Bus #68. It worked great throughout the entire day! "

I saw the bus there Saturday morning.  I think I still have the picture I took. 

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

" DrumLine Battle

I thought it was as a touring world class member

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Had to google that.  The definition fits a certain other corps to a T.  Not to name names, but starts with Capital and ends with Regiment.

Getting into the area when it sounds like an abusive relationship. “I brought you up from nothing so I call all the shots”.

then we had a certain corps that went from PA/NJ to TX. Leader was slammed for decisions that some felt hurt the corps. His supporters said about the same thing “he brought them back from the brink so he should be able to do what he wants”

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Getting into the area when it sounds like an abusive relationship. “I brought you up from nothing so I call all the shots”.

then we had a certain corps that went from PA/NJ to TX. Leader was slammed for decisions that some felt hurt the corps. His supporters BLEATED the same thing “he brought them back from the brink so he should be able to do what he wants”

CORRECTED FOR ACCURACY

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

CORRECTED FOR ACCURACY

Couldn’t think of a “nice” way to say verbal diarrhea, but this works thank ya 

• Like 1