The End of A Drum Corp Era.

jaboo

17 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

you earned it Fred

Indeed. Happy retirement. 

My Knowing Fred Morris for years,  he has a LONG history within the activity,

I can say there is not a nicer relaxed person than Fred, He was a performer , a BOD member

Souvie sales with a broken foot, always a good word.  Enjoy Fred , I am enjoying my retirement

I do not miss the work but I do miss the marching members tremendiously

Fred did amazing work for DCI, the Bluecoats, and Troopers. He graduated from the same high school I did and was a member of the Warren Jr. Military Band when he was young (as was I, but I was about 10 years or so behind him). Fred did amazing work for Bluecoats as a BOD member and he helped in fund raising, including running the souvie operation on the road for entire summers. He was one of the guys DCI would call when a corps got into trouble. He was instrumental in making sure Capital Regiment got down the road and back home when their management failed the kids and ran out of money mid season. DCI called Fred to make things right. This was also the case for Troopers during their probation year. Unlike me trying to manage my check book, Fred actually knows what he is doing with finances and his influence on the activity is important. Way to go, Fred!!!!

• Like 3

On 9/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, jaboo said:

Congratulations Fred well done !!

I never got to meet or chat with the man but a few DCI finals ago I saw him talking with a few folks and he seemed like a really really nice person 😊

Fred you are a great guy. We shared a lot of handshakes and hugs over these 20+ (30+?)years.

• Like 1