rifles as props?

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Airblade isn't far from a Klingon Bat'leth.  Which is kinda cool to me.  

SVC used lighting bolts for Force of Nature, which looked pretty well when they hit the storm.  

See....we're going back to the Star Trek show idea! I'm tellin' ya...if it ever happens again, it will be the only time that I don't grumble loudly about people yelling after the corps announcement. But instead of the much maligned 'THEY'RE ALWAYS READY!!!" I would challenge us all to yell "KHANNNNNNNNN!!!" 

(I think the last time was maybe 92' or 93' that anyone did anything from Wrath of Khan)

11 minutes ago, Continental said:

I read that they were actually heavier than rifles. 

REALLY?!?! Having never tossed a rifle, I would think they have some heft to them. Obviously it all depends on the material of the blade. But I do kinda get it. I build a lot of spare shafts for pool cues lately with a carbon fiber rod running through them but the weight feels low to many top tier players. I've now started to tinker with G-10 (glass epoxy) over a carbon fiber core to keep the weight up a little. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
'kause i kan't spel gud

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If tossing equipment is important to show designers, design something that's lite and presents a better visual than a rifle.

Gonna be hard to do. Rifles have a very good visual appeal. 

6 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

REALLY?!?! Having never tossed a rifle, I would thing they have some heft to them. Obviously it all depends on the material of the blade. But I do kinda get it. I build a lot of spare shafts for pool cues lately with a carbon fiber rod running through them but the weight feels low to many top tier players. I've now started to tinker with G-10 (glass epoxy) over a carbon fiber core to keep the weight up a little. 

I'll need a guard person to confirm, but rifles are now much lighter than they used to be.  I think there are several guards in the '70s who spun rifles that were very heavy. 

Fun fact. Star of Indiana never used rifles. I do agree that nowadays rifles seem out of place as the activity has changed so much. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Fun fact. Star of Indiana never used rifles. I do agree that nowadays rifles seem out of place as the activity has changed so much. 

I agree and yet I'm still ok with them. Tradition comes and goes but for some reason, rifles just feel and look right to me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Continental said:

Vanguard bed posts.

Don’t forget hula hoops too

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

REALLY?!?! Having never tossed a rifle, I would think they have some heft to them. Obviously it all depends on the material of the blade. But I do kinda get it. I build a lot of spare shafts for pool cues lately with a carbon fiber rod running through them but the weight feels low to many top tier players. I've now started to tinker with G-10 (glass epoxy) over a carbon fiber core to keep the weight up a little. 

Making the blade much lighter would effect how  well it spun in the air. The heft is what stabilizes it during spinning and tossing. Don’t want the blade taking flight due to a wind gust.

Remember when some guards would tape washers in the straps? That was mainly used for timing but darn it was cool to hear the precise click click click of a great rifle line on a recording.

Ok I’ll go back to my cave now.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1