rifles as props?

10 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I have a nostalgic soft spot for rifles since our corps had a good rifle line.  I hope they stick around in the future.

Our rifle line was OK.

• Haha 2

It was all about Military Bearing then. The precision of movement And carriage over the randomness of dance. Nothing wrong with either. I just prefer synchronicity in my drum corps.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Our rifle line was OK.

Whaddya mean OK? The were the standard in their day. Those women did manuals that no one else attempted and they did it with style grace and class!

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Thanks 1

I will always have a fond spot in my heart forThe Kingsmen and 27. Kingsmen were bad A$$ in such a good way and 27 were tradition and majesty at it’s zenith. I was humbled and honored to compete with you. Both of your organizations set the bar much higher for the rest of us.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I will always have a fond spot in my heart fro The Kingsmen and 27. Kingsmen were bad A$$ in such a good way and 27 were tradition at it’s zenith. I was humbled and honored to compete with you. Both of your organizations set the bar much higher for the rest of us.

Well, there was something called the Rockford File ... that was a thing of beauty.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

1 minute ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, there was something called the Rockford File ...

Time for greg_orange county to chime in...didn’t Anaheim do a “Rockford File” off the line in ‘72 or ‘73??!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Well, there was something called the Rockford File ...

Yes, the Phantomettes truly earned their place in the pantheon of color guards. Those were some dedicated, focused and hard working women. And I feel fortunate to call them my phamily.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Time for greg_orange county to chime in...didn’t Anaheim do a “Rockford File” off the line in ‘72 or ‘73??!

Kingsmen color guard did it first in 1973’s “off the line” (ancient term?) and again in 1974 at the end of drum solo. A man named Stanley Knaub invented it.  PR did a version later in, I think, 1977, 1978?

At the time we thought it looked familiar. Ha Ha!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Kingsmen color guard did it first in 1973’s “off the line” (ancient term?) and again in 1974 at the end of drum solo. A man named Stanley Knaub invented it.  PR did a version later in, I think, 1977, 1978?

At the time we thought it looked familiar. Ha Ha!

Yup! We just put a different “spin” on it.

• Haha 2