New Revenue Streams

DCI has many significant sounding initiatives posted in their strategic plan on DCI.org, under menu option "About".  Here is another.

C.2. Conduct feasibility study on ways to generate, expand and diversify new revenue streams within DCI's core competencies for continued organizational growth.  With the leadership of the Business Development Task Force a feasibility study will be completed by January 2020 to identify and determine the viability of strategies to generate new revenue streams within DCI's core competencies.

What do you suppose might be brewing in this study?  What do you think/suggest as areas DCI could diversify into?

Edited by cixelsyd
forgot the boldface

On 9/30/2019 at 10:12 AM, cixelsyd said:

DCI has many significant sounding initiatives posted in their strategic plan on DCI.org, under menu option "About".  Here is another.

C.2. Conduct feasibility study on ways to generate, expand and diversify new revenue streams within DCI's core competencies for continued organizational growth.  With the leadership of the Business Development Task Force a feasibility study will be completed by January 2020 to identify and determine the viability of strategies to generate new revenue streams within DCI's core competencies.

What do you suppose might be brewing in this study?  What do you think/suggest as areas DCI could diversify into?

Just after Finals two months ago, there was some speculation on these forums about this, as recall. People here (including you?) were pondering whether DCI could be considering something as simple as expanding the number of members in each corps. Weren't there also some ideas floating around about instrumentation? No time now to dig back for those discussions.

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Just after Finals two months ago, there was some speculation on these forums about this, as recall. People here (including you?) were pondering whether DCI could be considering something as simple as expanding the number of members in each corps. Weren't there also some ideas floating around about instrumentation? No time now to dig back for those discussions.

more members brings more cost. 

• Like 2

Sponsorship from Peanut Butter Companies. 
Sponsorship from Jelly Companies. 
Athletic Shoe Deals. 
Sports Drink Sponsorships. 
Performance Wear Sponsorships. 

I went through the formal process with JIF trying to get a sponsorship for my Son's corps after he showed me a log that he ate over 950 Peanut Butter sandwiches on tour. I contacted the powers that be and tracked down the total amount of Peanut Butter that the Corps bought and consumed from Spring Training til Finals. I thought it was a pretty impressive case for sponsorship. 

And I got shot down. But that doesn't mean that DCI couldn't do that in aggregate. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

more members brings more cost. 

Then maybe corps should reduce membership?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Athletic Shoe Deals. 

I went through the formal process with JIF trying to get a sponsorship for my Son's corps after he showed me a log that he ate over 950 Peanut Butter sandwiches on tour. I contacted the powers that be and tracked down the total amount of Peanut Butter that the Corps bought and consumed from Spring Training til Finals. I thought it was a pretty impressive case for sponsorship. 

And I got shot down. But that doesn't mean that DCI couldn't do that in aggregate. 

Crunchy or Smooth?  Would he consider Nutella? Does the jam have to be Georgia Peach? Also research the ad agencies for the podium prince's favorite brand. Sounds like a possible commercial narrative that may benefit both brand and corps.  

I know NewBalance at HQ outside of Boston and with their factory in Maine have been discussing it according to a regional admin I know. Discussing/Considering may be awhile yet. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 3:38 AM, PopcornEater1963 said:

Athletic Shoe Deals. 

What if you prefer Peter Pan?  Tastes great on waffles.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

On 10/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Then maybe corps should reduce membership?

It all depends where they need another bus or another person on the cook staff or on whatever staff. You can make more money from fewer people depending on how it’s arranged. Membership fees don’t cover all costs. The corps’ 990s don’t tell all, but it gives a good indication of the money in and out. IMO, indoor winds makes the most sense from a financial perspective. 

2 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

It all depends where they need another bus or another person on the cook staff or on whatever staff. You can make more money from fewer people depending on how it’s arranged. Membership fees don’t cover all costs. The corps’ 990s don’t tell all, but it gives a good indication of the money in and out. IMO, indoor winds makes the most sense from a financial perspective. 

My first thought was to agree with you on that, but the top costs for a group <in general> are travel, staff and food.  None of those would go down with indoor winds, unless you have a smaller corps, I suppose... but then what's to stop you from doing that anyways with an outdoor group?

Mike

50-cent beers, at any venue that can sell beer.

Packed stadiums, coast to coast, guaranteed. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2