New Revenue Streams

On 10/5/2019 at 12:05 PM, xandandl said:

I know NewBalance at HQ outside of Boston and with their factory in Maine have been discussing it according to a regional admin I know. Discussing/Considering may be awhile yet. 

Actually the NB HQ is inside Boston. As well as Converse, Reebok and several smaller ones. 

Edited by Den8uml

5 hours ago, Den8uml said:

Actually the NB HQ is inside Boston.  

Used to wait until March if I needed new officials sneakers or some regular ones.  That was when NB started advertising their discounts leading up to the Marathon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Used to wait until March if I needed new officials sneakers or some regular ones.  That was when NB started advertising their discounts leading up to the Marathon.

and your best finish was....????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

and your best finish was....????

National Champion in the men's 65-69 2012 300M hurdles at the Cavies ST site in Lisle, IL.  I"m a fast twitch sprinter.  Nothing more than 400m, unless my old coach had me doing 500 and 600's for training.  Joined our daughter at the end of the last of seven hills (Boston College) and one of our twin sons who joined her back in Newton, to run/jog/walk behind her as she finished her 2nd Boston Marathon as one of many who raise funds for a cause in order to run.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 9:13 PM, Ghost said:

Especially in Cleveland.

Hey... as long as the fans leave the M-80s and cherry bombs at home, it's all good. :laughing:

On 10/8/2019 at 6:55 PM, xandandl said:

Allston/Newton, quibbles. The Green Line has ended before you reach it.

It's not that the Green Line has ended before it; they just took away the Green Line route that went closest to it because of how horribly designed the Newton Corner interchange on the turnpike is.

(Source: just moved to Brighton two months ago and have been geeking out over the history of the Boston Elevated Railway/MTA/MBTA ever since. Still mildly bitter that they built the turnpike instead of the rapid transit extension along the Worcester route.)

3 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

(Source: just moved to Brighton two months ago and have been geeking out over the history of the Boston Elevated Railway/MTA/MBTA ever since. Still mildly bitter that they built the turnpike instead of the rapid transit extension along the Worcester route.)

Unions are very strong and know how to grease the palms of politicians.