What Four Cities.........?

Name 4 cities that DCI could hold Championships (not including Indy) on a rotating basis. What cities would attract the most fans?

Buffalo

Whitewater

Philadelphia

Boston

1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Name 4 cities that DCI could hold Championships (not including Indy) on a rotating basis. What cities would attract the most fans?

Buffalo  Whitewater   Philadelphia  Boston

Gillette has turf now and hopefully they'd turn off the elevator "ding", and more reasonable parking fees.  I'd switch Philly/Buffalo for Denver/Cali.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Madison

St. Louis

Chicago

Cleveland

I like the concept of central location.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Jackson, MS.

I'll show myself out....

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

When thinking of sites, keep in mind rehearsal sites and rehearsal conditions. For about a week.   It isn't ALL & ONLY about you;  the fans.  I could go with:

Pasadena, Denver, Indianapolis, Boston.  I think these are located in somewhat easily accessible areas that would draw good crowds and offer things for non-drum corps activities.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 5

Any towns willing to financially, logistically for housing and rehearsals and even with rotating a commitment to long term. All critical

Add in there a place with many things to do other than Drum Corps for those spectators who want more. Remember the person attending today is just not the die hard, hard core Drum Corps fanatic .

Edited by GUARDLING

Weather including,heat,rain,lightning can wreak havoc  on events  in an open stadium.

Look at Friday night  at the Easts the last 2 years.

In the case of Finals ,you have the possibility weather issues  during one or more of the three 

days/nights.

I just don't see DCI  doing an "Open Air Finals" ever again.

Edited by rpbobcat