What Four Cities.........?

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

#4 Buffalo, New Era Field, Decent stadium with easy access for us Canadians. Its hosted a finals before so I would imagine that housing is not an issue. Weather needless to say is perfect in early August. Niagara has lots of entertainment to keep anyone busy during the week. 

Don't remember the year,but my wife and I were there the year the Cadets did their WWII show and came  in second to BD.

Anyway,it was raining so hard in the afternoon,there was a question whether they would be able to have Finals.

A number of people were actually using the port o lets to try and stay dry.

The weather cleared around 4:00-5:00.

At show time the field had drained,but the synthetic turf was slick.

In fact 2 Cadets slipped and went down.

Again,I don't see DCi wanting to risk anything messing up finals by holding them

outside.

2 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

#3 Minneapolis, Vikings stadium is a new stadium the area has held a DCI Regional before and you would imagine not having too much trouble securing housing. Weather in Early august is glorious in the area. Mall of the Americas would provide some entertainment and can host the festivities during the week. 

This is one i'd really like to see. Minneapolis is a great city in August, and i believe the schools don't kick off in the MSP area until september. Either University of Minnesota or the Vikings stadiums would make great host stadiums.  Plus MSP is generally easy to get in and out of being a Delta hub. 

Edited by AlexL

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Must be an indoor facility.( I know, Blasphemy ) I doubt very much DCI will ever chance Major shows being a rain out again. 2011 Indy Yikes never forget that one as PR was entering. ( I think it was PR)

Now that of course can all change if these types of locations stop working with DCI  to make it fiscally possible.

agree, i can't see DCI ever not having finals in an enclosed/domed/echo chamber venue

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Must be an indoor facility.( I know, Blasphemy ) I doubt very much DCI will ever chance Major shows being a rain out again. 2011 Indy Yikes never forget that one as PR was entering. ( I think it was PR)

Now that of course can all change if these types of locations stop working with DCI  to make it fiscally possible.

They’re not going to move from Indy, I don’t believe.  I’m just fantasizing about finals in the Rose Bowl.  And Denver.  That was great, too. 

• Like 2

I can think of just one— San Antonio. (I’m biased, of course.) It even has a large convention center adjacent to the stadium (well, across the freeway, but still within walking distance) that could be used for warmups. Getting to see all of the corps in late July is pretty great, but having the big show once in a while would be awesome too. But it’s all a pipe dream anyway...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re not going to move from Indy, I don’t believe.  

I hope THAT doesn't happen. boring and Stagnate...people want variety and change.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I can think of just one— San Antonio. (I’m biased, of course.) It even has a large convention center adjacent to the stadium (well, across the freeway, but still within walking distance) that could be used for warmups. Getting to see all of the corps in late July is pretty great, but having the big show once in a while would be awesome too. But it’s all a pipe dream anyway...

I love San Antonio.  I just wish the hotels were closer to the Alamodome like Indy and Atlanta.  

Even though LOS is an hour drive for me, I’d gladly travel elsewhere. But gotta have a dome: I’m not spending money on flights and hotels to get baked or soaked. 

But if this Fantasy Championships: Atlanta, San Antonio, Pasadena, Stanford.

Also, let’s include 27th Lancers and an all-male Madison Scouts.