What Four Cities.........?

It will never be outside again. Too much design work goes into it being in a domed venue, and DCI couldn't afford the hit of a rainout.

If they were to look at indoor only locations, Atlanta/Indy/Vegas could make for a fun set, though I'd be scared to see how much Mercedes Benz could cost for three days given what it costs for just one at DCI East.

Edited by Slingerland

How is the Csrrier Dome? Why not just find an indoor facility for DCI East and rotate it between the four domes? Its been SA, ATL, Allentown and Indy, but why not ATL, Carrier Dome, Indy, then SA. The next year Carrier Dome, Indy, SA, the ATL and so forth. 

What's wrong with the Rose Bowl every year (ucla notwithstanding - ugh)?  It's obviously not centraly located, but it's a beautiful location, it will never get rained out, old town Pasadena is fun, plenty of practice and housing options, and its near a large metropolitan city with lots to do besides drum corps (i.e. beach, Disneyland, etc.)

And before you say it.......B.D. are going to win at least every other year anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Foxboro is not that hard to get too.  For those flying in, land at Green Airport (PVD) in Warwick, RI.   

You could plan to land in one of 3 airports: Providence as mentioned, Logan in Boston and In Hartford.

16 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

What's wrong with the Rose Bowl every year (ucla notwithstanding - ugh)?  It's obviously not centraly located, but it's a beautiful location, it will never get rained out, old town Pasadena is fun, plenty of practice and housing options, and its near a large metropolitan city with lots to do besides drum corps (i.e. beach, Disneyland, etc.)

And before you say it.......B.D. are going to win at least every other year anyway.  

But driving to and from through LA traffic would not be fun.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It was sunny every day in Pasadena. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

All true but still beats a standstill or nothing. I don't think anyone wants to end a season like that

eh, i wouldn't complain, cause i hate the sound indoors

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAvery said:

How is the Csrrier Dome? Why not just find an indoor facility for DCI East and rotate it between the four domes? Its been SA, ATL, Allentown and Indy, but why not ATL, Carrier Dome, Indy, then SA. The next year Carrier Dome, Indy, SA, the ATL and so forth. 

ever hear the sound inside at Syracuse? Plus logistically, around the Dome is a NIGHTMARE. it's everything people complain about Allentown times 50

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

ever hear the sound inside at Syracuse? Plus logistically, around the Dome is a NIGHTMARE. it's everything people complain about Allentown times 50

Ive done several band show championships there and YES sound is something special ( sarcasm     ) and again YES the area around is quite the nightmare. Whatever the location, DCI needs a lot of cooperation from the community, etc etc. And no not everyone sees the value in what we do.

16 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Name 4 cities that DCI could hold Championships (not including Indy) on a rotating basis. What cities would attract the most fans?

Buffalo

Whitewater

Philadelphia

Boston

Buffalo? Heck no.

Whitewater? How in the world would Whitewater, WI be able to support 20K people? No.

Philly? Friendly folks there. No.

Boston? Way too congested. No.

• Like 1