What Four Cities.........?

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

Definitely in the Jerry dome in Arlington (Dallas).  Lots of fun things to do, and great high school music culture should provide ample housing sites.  

(Plus I could walk there from my office)

and DCI would pay a small fortune

Dream big.  DCI wins every lottery ever held and builds a traveling outdoor stadium. The stadium repels any bad weather. 30,000 hotel rentals always available at each site as well as no pickpockets and plenty of scholastic rehearsal space. Stadium ticket includes complimentary air travel and gratuities.

Four town picks:

Thermopolis, Wyoming

Mackinac Island, Michigan

Key West, Florida

Crescent City, California 

Edited by DeanInChicago
and Hannibal, Missouri
  • Haha 2

Dallas (AT&T Stadium), Atlanta (Mercedes Benz), Los Angeles (SoFi), Minneapolis (US Bank). Houston (NRG) also a possibility.

New Orleans would be fun, but I suspect weather and corps housing would be issues. Phoenix and Vegas too hot. Indy (obviously), St. Louis and Detroit could also work but . . . meh. 

Of course, DCI is never going to be willing to pay the rental fees for the stadiums I mention. 

14 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Allentown still one of my Fav places to march, judge and teach a corps performing there

me too. but one time in Indy was enough unless the kid marches or not going could lead to divorce.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:18 AM, LabMaster said:

So St. Louis and Cleveland are dangerous but Chicago is not?  Chicago is leading the way in shootings year after year.  And if you are going to the Northern or western suburbs in Chicago, whynot just stick with Madison?

I agree completely which is why I said not in the City of Chicago.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:36 AM, wolfgang said:

Las Vegas at the new Raiders stadium. The heat issue was largely dealt with by a DCP'er who actually lives there who pointed out two important factors#

1) The time of year DCI is held is a low point of the convention season, which means

2) Hundreds of thousands of square feet of unused convenrion space which could be used for rehearsals.

Have you ever been to Las Vegas in August? Its brutally hot.

50 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Have you ever been to Las Vegas in August? Its brutally hot.

I understand, which is why I specifically mentioned rehearsals in unused exhibit hall space during a down time in the convention season.

The new stadium is an indoor stadium.

Edited by wolfgang

16 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Dream big.  DCI wins every lottery ever held and builds a traveling outdoor stadium. The stadium repels any bad weather. 30,000 hotel rentals always available at each site as well as no pickpockets and plenty of scholastic rehearsal space. Stadium ticket includes complimentary air travel and gratuities.

Four town picks:

Thermopolis, Wyoming

Mackinac Island, Michigan

Key West, Florida

Crescent City, California 

The Mackinac Island venue could lead to an interesting poll:  What’s your preference:  Ryba’s fudge or Murdick’s?

• Haha 1