What Four Cities.........?

On 10/2/2019 at 7:27 AM, tesmusic said:

Well, no, not as dangerous as some like to portray. If you look at the number of homicides, Chicago is very high, but if you look at those numbers against population, Chicago is dramatically lower than many other cities.

ucr-cities-2018-01.png

I love this. I live in Oakland, and it is nice to get some perspective on how we stack up to other cities in this area. If we listen to San Franciscans, our city is so dangerous it is not worth crossing the bridge.

1 hour ago, wolfgang said:

I understand, which is why I specifically mentioned rehearsals in unused exhibit hall space during a down time in the convention season.

The new stadium is an indoor stadium.

Exhibit halls don’t get the height needed to see drill.  If you think acoustics in a dome are bad, an exhibit hall would be atrocious.

Corps would need lodging (schools if possible) then they would need to shuttle back and forth to exhibit halls?

Vegas wouldn’t be practical. And there’s a reason it is down time for conventions and trade shows.

3 hours ago, FlamMan said:

I agree completely which is why I said not in the City of Chicago.

So where are there adequate facilities for all the corps and equipment and a venue with turf?  North and west of Chicago would be Madison wouldn’t it?

On 10/2/2019 at 1:32 PM, greg_orangecounty said:

I can understand that criticism of the Rose Bowl in terms of drum corps, as it’s almost a 100 year-old stadium. 

But not the traffic (maybe I’m just numb to it).

I don't know why the Rose Bowl is the focus here. You have the renovated Coliseum and two new stadiums that are being built there. 

29 minutes ago, deftguy said:

I don't know why the Rose Bowl is the focus here. You have the renovated Coliseum and two new stadiums that are being built there. 

Now that I know Indianapolis is booked through 2028............it's officially moot.

After that I probably won't know where I'm at anyway, so it won't make a difference.