What Four Cities.........?

23 hours ago, wolfgang said:

I understand, which is why I specifically mentioned rehearsals in unused exhibit hall space during a down time in the convention season.

The new stadium is an indoor stadium.

enough places for every corps that wont kill budgets?

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Hardly the same.  A one day air show out of a number of air shows is more like one of 25 drum corps shows before Nationals being rained out and that does happen often enough.

But each air show is a separate event run by a separate non-profit. I worked for a management company that was hired by several of these non-profits.

So for the non-profit whose money is on the line, losing that one day is probably, as I said, worse than DCI losing "just" Finals.

(Also, this year, DCA moved Finals to the same day as Prelims because heavy rain was predicted for Finals day. And in the past, DCA and Open Class in DCI have either (1) cancelled Finals declared the Prelims champion to be the champion or (2) cancelled all or part of Prelims and seeded everyone into Finals.)

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve spent four days a year there for 11 years.  I’m running out of adventures. 😂 

Confused how people have time to do anything but drum corps on these trips. I've attended DCA championships for the past several years in Rochester and then Williamsport, and at most there's only a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday to kill, what with I&E / minicorps on Friday night, Prelims on Saturday afternoon-evening, Alumni corps on Sunday morning, and Finals Sunday evening. Last year and the year before I did squeeze in a two-hour bike ride on the Sundays, but that was the extent of it.

25 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Confused how people have time to do anything but drum corps on these trips. I've attended DCA championships for the past several years in Rochester and then Williamsport, and at most there's only a few hours each on Saturday and Sunday to kill, what with I&E / minicorps on Friday night, Prelims on Saturday afternoon-evening, Alumni corps on Sunday morning, and Finals Sunday evening. Last year and the year before I did squeeze in a two-hour bike ride on the Sundays, but that was the extent of it.

Many Drum Corps people today Do not attend all the festivities. I know many who also went to DCA and never go to anything but finals, maybe part of prelims. Look at the attendance at some of the things you were at like Alumni Sunday morning. There has been a lot of talk if some things are even worth having anymore and the cost.

DCI is no different.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I hadn't considered DC either. Agreed, the Metro rules. Party at Fred's. 

I would have that party! No Kidding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

We come in Wednesday afternoon.  Thursday is the very long day at prelims for us. Friday we don’t go in until a little later.  Unless you go to Soundsport on Saturday morning, you basically have all day Saturday to do what you want. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Many Drum Corps people today Do not attend all the festivities. I know many who also went to DCA and never go to anything but finals, maybe part of prelims. Look at the attendance at some of the things you were at like Alumni Sunday morning. There has been a lot of talk if some things are even worth having anymore and the cost.

DCI is no different.

I haven’t been to the alumni show in years.  

Why not Ford Field in Detroit.  Premier show has work quite well the last couple years with a really nice crowd for that early.  Acoustics are not bad as far as hard topped stadiums go..seen hundreds of marching band shows perform there.  Logistics are fairly easy in and out of downtown Detroit.  Stadium district downtown is really going through a renaissance and river walk is is less than a mile down Woodward.  For those that like "culture" the Windsor Ballet is just a quick drive south into Canuckistan.

• Like 1