What Four Cities.........?

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Rochester is actually going through a lot of renewal projects downtown and it was getting pretty nice.  We found a couple of really great restaurants there but you had to do your homework.  

Williamsport...I got nuthin’.   

Rochester dining scene, while not in the Michelin star quality, does have some interesting fine dining.  Williamsport does have one restaurant which offers fine formal dining -Peter Herdic Restaurant on W 4th St.  I still prefer Rochester to Williamsport, since the dining is better and it is close to the Finger Lakes district and its good Inns and B&Bs.

Edited by Bob P.

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

really in Indy, anything other than St. Elmos has me not interested

Even St. Elmos doesn't interest me - a nice looking steak house, offering large steaks with large prices - nothing original or "gourmet" about it.  San Antonio at least offers some worthy goumet restaurants such as Biga on the Banks and Fig Tree.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:56 PM, Terri Schehr said:

It was sunny every day in Pasadena. 

Yeah, I have a better chance of winning the lottery than championships being rained out in Pasadena. August in southern California is drrrrrrrrrrrrrry.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 1:39 AM, lindap said:

4 cities for me within proximity? Possible direct flights, public transit, good weather or a dome? As for dining, no whining as I had granola bars in my purse Indy 2010 and 2013.

Pasadena

Santa Clara

Minneapolis

Chicago

I do think it would be cool to see Finals in the Bay Area (Santa Clara). That stadium (49ers) is quite good for drum corps, and there is a ton to do in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, San Jose, Palo Alto, Cupertino, etc.).  I always loved being in Madison, with the Scouts being the hometown corps. Seeing SCV be a hometown corps at Finals would be neat too. But that aside, I do believe the Bay Area would make for a great finals. Yes, it's an expensive trip for midwest, east, and southern folks. But for a one-time deal, I would be there. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I do think it would be cool to see Finals in the Bay Area (Santa Clara). That stadium (49ers) is quite good for drum corps, and there is a ton to do in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, San Jose, Palo Alto, Cupertino, etc.).  I always loved being in Madison, with the Scouts being the hometown corps. Seeing SCV be a hometown corps at Finals would be neat too. But that aside, I do believe the Bay Area would make for a great finals. Yes, it's an expensive trip for midwest, east, and southern folks. But for a one-time deal, I would be there. 

For the Bay area you are not terribly far from Concord either and if you push it, Mandarins in Sacramento.   I agree it might be expensive but with enough time and planning; and referencing back to the business model thread, collaborating on expenses for cost savings for/between corps it could work.  Plus we do claim the activity is about educating kids.  A west coast finals might add to that aspect.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 1:39 AM, lindap said:

4 cities for me within proximity? Possible direct flights, public transit, good weather or a dome? As for dining, no whining as I had granola bars in my purse Indy 2010 and 2013.

Pasadena

Santa Clara

Minneapolis

Chicago

And every one of those cities has world class gourmet dining - yes even Minneapolis.  😉

On 10/1/2019 at 9:07 AM, Ghost said:

Gillette has turf now and hopefully they'd turn off the elevator "ding", and more reasonable parking fees.  I'd switch Philly/Buffalo for Denver/Cali.

Gillette usually doesn’t charge for parking for non pats games and concerts.  

On 10/1/2019 at 12:01 PM, xandandl said:

if anyone had money left after paying the parking fees at Foxboro, some of the most expensive in the NFL.

Free for refs games and other events that are not nfl and not concerts. 

I think with Indy being under contract for a decade I’d rather see the regionals moved! Trust me, it’s about the same price for me to fly direct from Boston to Honolulu right now that it is to have to an indirect flight to little old Indy with no hub so I don’t want to go there but reluctantly spend the money. 

Regionals should rotate between a list something similar to this and not every region has one every year. Teams not touring near the regions don’t have to go to the opposite coast maybe that makes centrally located ones a Super Regional Championship with every corps and the other regions have most corps   

West

Pasadena (Rose bowl)

Denver 

Southwest (Super Regional)

San Antonio

Dallas (AT&T)

Midwest

St. Louis

Madison

Columbus 

Southeast (Super Regional)

Atlanta