What Four Cities.........?

32 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

The "I" in I-840 stands for Interstate.  It is part of the Eisenhower Interstate system.  So technically it is an Interstate highway. Three digits indicates it is a connecting highway to interstates.  In this case it would be a ring road connector to I-40.  Many Interstates do intersect 90 & 94 in Chicago,  64, 65, 70 & 44 in St. Louis, 24, 64 & 40 in Nashville.

If Nashville can't be for Nationals, a Regional there might be nice.  I still think a rotating regional model would be well received.

Using that logic, Nashville has 5 Major Interstate intersections!  There is also I-440.  

Agree on Nashville for a Regional.

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

San Francisco

I picked those because they each have rich Drum Corps traditions, have world class facilities available, and give fans from all areas of the country a shot at a finals within a reasonable travel distance.

Yes, I know San Francisco is a burden on a lot of the smaller Open Class corps, but honestly if they cannot afford to cross the Rockies once every 4 years then so be it. 

Edited by Super Don-O

Walla Walla, Washington

Pismo Beach, California

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

If you think I chose those so that VK and the Bridgemen would be forced to reform and win some championships, well, you might be right.

Edited by Super Don-O

9 hours ago, Super Don-O said:

Walla Walla, Washington

Pismo Beach, California

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

If you think I chose those so that VK and the Bridgemen would be forced to reform and win some championships, well, you might be right.

Agree on Albuquerque NM and Saskatchewan, but would make that Regina instead.  Better stadium.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 9:34 AM, Bob P. said:

Yet. MikeRapp has not chimed in since my original query.

I guess I counted 840 since I live a mile from it. Technically I am right, I suppose, as it is a (significant) interstate in Tennessee and connects 40, 65 and 24.

14 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I guess I counted 840 since I live a mile from it. Technically I am right, I suppose, as it is a (significant) interstate in Tennessee and connects 40, 65 and 24.

As I said before, if the 840 is considered an interstate,then you have to say that there are 5 interstates, not four, "intersecting" at Nashville, since there is also the I-440.  Still, I agree that Nashville is wonderfull spot for finals.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:35 PM, Super Don-O said:

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

San Francisco

I picked those because they each have rich Drum Corps traditions, have world class facilities available, and give fans from all areas of the country a shot at a finals within a reasonable travel distance.

Yes, I know San Francisco is a burden on a lot of the smaller Open Class corps, but honestly if they cannot afford to cross the Rockies once every 4 years then so be it. 

Given the current political climate in San Francisco (homelessness issues, banning interactions with 22 other States and cities) housing for corps would have to be way outside the Bay Rim as schools would NOT be available for housing and hotels are way too expensive. It would be Indy angst all over again.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:35 PM, Super Don-O said:

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

San Francisco

Traffic

Traffic

Traffic

Expensive, homeless everywhere.