What Four Cities.........?

19 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

At any rate, notwithstanding the lack of indoor facilities for DC, I really think that Nashville is a great spot for DCI finals.  And whats a little warm weather?

As long as the average of around 9 days of some rain isn't during finals week.

46 minutes ago, Bob P. said:

I-840 is not an interstate, but a ring highway and therefore does not "intersect".   Actually the I-24 is really the odd one. Even number Interstates (I-40 and I-24) run East-West and don't usually intersect Normally only 2 Interstates can intersect at one place (city).  Having four is virtually impossible.  At any rate, notwithstanding the lack of indoor facilities for DC, I really think that Nashville is a great spot for DCI finals.  And whats a little warm weather?

Ok looked at larger scale map and see ye old beltway as we call them our my way (Baltimore, DC, Richmond and even that mess they call a beltway around Harrisburg). Still only see 3 major highways so waiting on Mike to enlighten us...

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I just looked and my guess too. If I go to Nashville I’m taking a side trip and throw rocks at the old Saturn plant in Spring Hill. Had two of them, first I swore by and second one.....

... you swore at?

10 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

... you swore at?

Winner winner chicken dinner....

Should have known when I bought it and salesman tried to BS me. First car needed oil pump which would have cost me $700 to fix. So salesman sez for trade in will give you blue book minus the $700. Told Sparky the dealers true cost would be what GM charged them for the parts (less than my cost). Then he sputtered about labor and after I yelled the 8 letter word for BS and told him my car would sit until a mechanic had down time and had nothing to do. 

Then I clued him In that my dad was a mechanic at a dealership in his younger days. Then I realized head of service department had come over (he knew me). Service head told salesmen “just give him blue book , he knows how things work”.

12 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Keep in mind that the average temp in Vegas in August is between 100 & 104 degrees.  Not much fun at rehearsals.  If we are concerned about mm safety ( even in their footwear) we should be concerned with the heat.  Even dry heat which is a concern for fast dehydration.  Heat concern would be true with any southern locale.  And if you rehearse on turf it would be the worst case for heat.

As a spectator Vegas can work, but then I could stay indoors most of the time.

I've lived there for many years in the past.  There was a thread about the indoor facilities available in the city.

You're not wrong to be concerned. The average temperatures are actually higher than 104...  ...but there are indoor places too.

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know.  I live in Chicago. 

Well you should know that the I-65 is the route to Indianapolis from Chicago, then to Nashville  Or, I-57 to I-24  to Nashville.  My query about the 4th Interstate was more rhetorical, since I do know that there is no 4th Interstate intersecting at Nashville and I live in Montreal.

Edited by Bob P.
More detail.

9 hours ago, Bob P. said:

Well you should know that the I-65 is the route to Indianapolis from Chicago, then to Nashville  Or, I-57 to I-24  to Nashville.  My query about the 4th Interstate was more rhetorical, since I do know that there is no 4th Interstate intersecting at Nashville and I live in Montreal.

I don’t know because I’ve only drove past Nashville going elsewhere.  Perhaps tag @MikeRapp.  He’s from that area and said there were four interstates going through Nashville.  

18 hours ago, Bob P. said:

I-840 is not an interstate, but a ring highway and therefore does not "intersect".   Actually the I-24 is really the odd one. Even number Interstates (I-40 and I-24) run East-West and don't usually intersect Normally only 2 Interstates can intersect at one place (city).  Having four is virtually impossible.  At any rate, notwithstanding the lack of indoor facilities for DC, I really think that Nashville is a great spot for DCI finals.  And whats a little warm weather?

The "I" in I-840 stands for Interstate.  It is part of the Eisenhower Interstate system.  So technically it is an Interstate highway. Three digits indicates it is a connecting highway to interstates.  In this case it would be a ring road connector to I-40.  Many Interstates do intersect 90 & 94 in Chicago,  64, 65, 70 & 44 in St. Louis, 24, 64 & 40 in Nashville.

If Nashville can't be for Nationals, a Regional there might be nice.  I still think a rotating regional model would be well received.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t know because I’ve only drove past Nashville going elsewhere.  Perhaps tag @MikeRapp.  He’s from that area and said there were four interstates going through Nashville.  

Yet. MikeRapp has not chimed in since my original query.