KeithHall

What Four Cities.........?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, kkrepps said:

ACK! I live in New England but I wouldn't want to punish my worst enemy with having to drive to and park at an event in Boston.

Foxboro is not that hard to get too.  For those flying in, land at Green Airport (PVD) in Warwick, RI.   

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Name 4 cities that DCI could hold Championships (not including Indy) on a rotating basis. What cities would attract the most fans?

 

Buffalo

Whitewater

Philadelphia

Boston

Philly doesn't have an artifical turf stadium that would work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Antonio and Atlanta have already drawn 13-15k midseason before; you'd reason they'd likely pull in Indianapolis-type attendance for Finals.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In looking for this I'd look at who area has a good local Marching band circuit that can support 40+ corps during a week and has the amenities to support a DCI Fan base for a week.

#1 Atlanta. The Stadium is A+ A huge indoor convention center next door to support indoor warmups should the weather be inclement. The city is great to support a Week long event in August and there are plenty of schools in the area that are willing and able to house the corps for a week.

#2 Dallas, Cowboys Stadium is a top facility and would be able to hold a competition. The Corps have a multitude of Housing sites available to them since the Marching scene in Texas is huge. Temps are a problem but with the indoor stadium you are good to go.

#3 Minneapolis, Vikings stadium is a new stadium the area has held a DCI Regional before and you would imagine not having too much trouble securing housing. Weather in Early august is glorious in the area. Mall of the Americas would provide some entertainment and can host the festivities during the week. 

#4 Buffalo, New Era Field, Decent stadium with easy access for us Canadians. Its hosted a finals before so I would imagine that housing is not an issue. Weather needless to say is perfect in early August. Niagara has lots of entertainment to keep anyone busy during the week. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buffalo has gotten better and better downtown and there is a good chance in the next few years a new stadium will be built. There is work in progress to see if a new football stadium and hockey arena would happen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Buffalo has gotten better and better downtown and there is a good chance in the next few years a new stadium will be built. There is work in progress to see if a new football stadium and hockey arena would happen!

Must be an indoor facility.( I know, Blasphemy ) I doubt very much DCI will ever chance Major shows being a rain out again. 2011 Indy Yikes never forget that one as PR was entering. ( I think it was PR)

Now that of course can all change if these types of locations stop working with DCI  to make it fiscally possible.

 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

#1 Atlanta. The Stadium is A+ A huge indoor convention center next door to support indoor warmups should the weather be inclement. The city is great to support a Week long event in August and there are plenty of schools in the area that are willing and able to house the corps for a week.

Only problem is most school districts in the area start back first week of August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

In looking for this I'd look at who area has a good local Marching band circuit that can support 40+ corps during a week and has the amenities to support a DCI Fan base for a week.

#1 Atlanta. The Stadium is A+ A huge indoor convention center next door to support indoor warmups should the weather be inclement. The city is great to support a Week long event in August and there are plenty of schools in the area that are willing and able to house the corps for a week.

#2 Dallas, Cowboys Stadium is a top facility and would be able to hold a competition. The Corps have a multitude of Housing sites available to them since the Marching scene in Texas is huge. Temps are a problem but with the indoor stadium you are good to go.

#3 Minneapolis, Vikings stadium is a new stadium the area has held a DCI Regional before and you would imagine not having too much trouble securing housing. Weather in Early august is glorious in the area. Mall of the Americas would provide some entertainment and can host the festivities during the week. 

#4 Buffalo, New Era Field, Decent stadium with easy access for us Canadians. Its hosted a finals before so I would imagine that housing is not an issue. Weather needless to say is perfect in early August. Niagara has lots of entertainment to keep anyone busy during the week. 

 

Is there not an echo factor with the new stadium which I understood was designed so that the noise of the audience was magnified to the field, not the other way around the way many DCI fans prefer (to hear the corps.) Having done some consultation with two MN hs. bands, I know that the band circuit there is not psyched on the stadium for this reason; I presume Brian Turner would give the expert answer.  Regarding all day prelims in the stadium, would the field have to be set in a certain direction due to the walls of glass (particularly with the Western sun.)  And what would we do with all those gulls and other birds who use the stadium for their suicide runs? I've read even the Vikings have had problems with them. But I like the city and neighboring St. Paul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dsundercover said:

Only problem is most school districts in the area start back first week of August. 

That's Indy all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.