Kidsgrove Scouts going to DCI next year

36 minutes ago, dbriggs said:

Interesting.......and very cool...yet I am confused. 

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? Or is this Finals only "In Exhibition?"

BTW I love me some Kidsgrove. They were very cool cats every time they came for DCA.

11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Interesting.......and very cool...yet I am confused. 

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? Or is this Finals only "In Exhibition?"

BTW I love me some Kidsgrove. They were very cool cats every time they came for DCA.

From what I recall, DCI has an International division for corps from overseas who are all-age.  Jubal, Beatrix, The Company.... all have competed against DCI Open Class corps on their U.S. tours.

In years past, DCI has taken 12 North American corps into Open finals... and any corps outside that region compete at Open finals as "International" corps.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Me too!!!  Terrific corps and great people.

I think the DCI fans will enjoy them.

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

From what I recall, DCI has an International division for corps from overseas who are all-age.  Jubal, Beatrix, The Company.... all have competed against DCI Open Class corps on their U.S. tours.

In years past, DCI has taken 12 North American corps into Open finals... and any corps outside that region compete at Open finals as "International" corps.

correct!

Seems like an almost perfect model for what we have been talking about merging DCI and DCA. 

• Like 1

Me too!!!  Terrific corps and great people.

I think the DCI fans will enjoy them.

I hope so. I count them at the top for "cool to hang with" along with the Renegades. Good memories of some really fun times. I'm just sorry that I missed a decade before I knew about DCA. I think I would have enjoyed cats from Westshore and such.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? 

Makes sense to me. If the organization is going to spend a lot of money to cross the pond they would want the most bang for it. DCI provides far more exposure and offers better venues for their members to perform for larger audiences than DCA. 

According to post on DCP by those who attended DCA in little league town attendance was less than 2k, was held at a high school stadium that faces the sun with bleacher seats and no aisle railings. Understandable why they are not attending DCA. 

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I hope so. I count them at the top for "cool to hang with" along with the Renegades. Good memories of some really fun times. I'm just sorry that I missed a decade before I knew about DCA. I think I would have enjoyed cats from Westshore and such.

I would say we at Westshore were fun to be with. I would hope those from the Cabs, Sun, Bucs, and Thunderbirds would feel as positively about us as we did about them. :guinesssmilie: