Kidsgrove Scouts going to DCI next year

How different are the International sheets from the Open Class sheets?

I'm just trying to piece together some sort of idea about whether or not the framework existing could help form a model by which DCI and DCA could gain from each other.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, C.Holland said:

possibly, other than DCI shows happen on all days of the week, versus All-Age which can only perform on weekends. 

Just a question, was there a point in DCA history where corps had shows on both saturday AND sunday on the same weekend?  

Hey y'all - not too long ago DCA had the Minnesota Weekend - it started with a Saturday/Sunday combo - then it went to Friday/Saturday with MBI and Govies and the rest of DCA Central..I can guarantee you that Patrick's saw a bunch of new patrons in those years...Isuspect that until MBI gets a full corps back on the field - you won't see that anytime soon..I know from chats with the judges that I drove from St. Paul to St. Peter and back - that weekend was in demand for assignments..  

Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

How different are the International sheets from the Open Class sheets?

I'm just trying to piece together some sort of idea about whether or not the framework existing could help form a model by which DCI and DCA could gain from each other.

Open Sheets are the World Sheets now. it's all one sheet

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goalieguy said:

Hey y'all - not too long ago DCA had the Minnesota Weekend - it started with a Saturday/Sunday combo - then it went to Friday/Saturday with MBI and Govies and the rest of DCA Central..I can guarantee you that Patrick's saw a bunch of new patrons in those years...Isuspect that until MBI gets a full corps back on the field - you won't see that anytime soon..I know from chats with the judges that I drove from St. Paul to St. Peter and back - that weekend was in demand for assignments..  

Pat

yes it was popular!

Two years ago CT (Cincinnati Tradition) did a Friday show in Johnstown, Pa, after traveling from Cincinnati.  A Saturday show in Peckville, Pa.  Sunday night, Whitelake  Michigan.  And a Monday night show in Centerville Oh.

We had members from West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, as well as Ohio. 

Stldrmn1

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, stldrmn1 said:

Two years ago CT (Cincinnati Tradition) did a Friday show in Johnstown, Pa, after traveling from Cincinnati.  A Saturday show in Peckville, Pa.  Sunday night, Whitelake  Michigan.  And a Monday night show in Centerville Oh.

We had members from West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and Michigan, as well as Ohio. 

Stldrmn1

Yeah ditto the holy crap... too bad bus companies don’t have frequent flyer miles. Not even in a straight line just back and forth... PA MI OH....

And Johnstown ain’t exactly on the main highway.. no idea of the rest..