Sign in to follow this  
dbriggs

Kidsgrove Scouts going to DCI next year

Recommended Posts

orig link was fr FB, didn't work, so got news from their site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dbriggs said:

Interesting.......and very cool...yet I am confused. 

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? Or is this Finals only "In Exhibition?"

BTW I love me some Kidsgrove. They were very cool cats every time they came for DCA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Interesting.......and very cool...yet I am confused. 

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? Or is this Finals only "In Exhibition?"

BTW I love me some Kidsgrove. They were very cool cats every time they came for DCA.

From what I recall, DCI has an International division for corps from overseas who are all-age.  Jubal, Beatrix, The Company.... all have competed against DCI Open Class corps on their U.S. tours.

In years past, DCI has taken 12 North American corps into Open finals... and any corps outside that region compete at Open finals as "International" corps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

BTW I love me some Kidsgrove. They were very cool cats every time they came for DCA.

Me too!!!  Terrific corps and great people.

I think the DCI fans will enjoy them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

From what I recall, DCI has an International division for corps from overseas who are all-age.  Jubal, Beatrix, The Company.... all have competed against DCI Open Class corps on their U.S. tours.

In years past, DCI has taken 12 North American corps into Open finals... and any corps outside that region compete at Open finals as "International" corps.

correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

From what I recall, DCI has an International division for corps from overseas who are all-age.  Jubal, Beatrix, The Company.... all have competed against DCI Open Class corps on their U.S. tours.

In years past, DCI has taken 12 North American corps into Open finals... and any corps outside that region compete at Open finals as "International" corps.

Seems like an almost perfect model for what we have been talking about merging DCI and DCA. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Me too!!!  Terrific corps and great people.

I think the DCI fans will enjoy them.

I hope so. I count them at the top for "cool to hang with" along with the Renegades. Good memories of some really fun times. I'm just sorry that I missed a decade before I knew about DCA. I think I would have enjoyed cats from Westshore and such.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Kidsgrove is an all age group. How are they preforming on the DCI tour if there is no "all-age" division? 

Makes sense to me. If the organization is going to spend a lot of money to cross the pond they would want the most bang for it. DCI provides far more exposure and offers better venues for their members to perform for larger audiences than DCA. 
 

According to post on DCP by those who attended DCA in little league town attendance was less than 2k, was held at a high school stadium that faces the sun with bleacher seats and no aisle railings. Understandable why they are not attending DCA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

I hope so. I count them at the top for "cool to hang with" along with the Renegades. Good memories of some really fun times. I'm just sorry that I missed a decade before I knew about DCA. I think I would have enjoyed cats from Westshore and such.

I would say we at Westshore were fun to be with. I would hope those from the Cabs, Sun, Bucs, and Thunderbirds would feel as positively about us as we did about them. :guinesssmilie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.