DC United severs ties with FLO

Does some of this sound familiar?  

While I had relatively few major complaints with Flo Marching during the DCI season, the quality of the streams for the BOA Regionals the past two weeks have been...CRAP.    Just curious if any of you have had issues of late?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/03/dc-united-severs-ties-with-broadcast-partner-flosports/

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Does some of this sound familiar?  

While I had relatively few major complaints with Flo Marching during the DCI season, the quality of the streams for the BOA Regionals the past two weeks have been...CRAP.    Just curious if any of you have had issues of late?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/10/03/dc-united-severs-ties-with-broadcast-partner-flosports/

As a DC United fan, i wasn't as chuffed as some were regarding the Flo contract.  Until I tried watching games.  Wow.  Flo, as an organization, was very not ready for this level of broadcasting.  I think it was the first game they were to carry, the entire first half was lost to everyone because, well... we never did learn why.  Apologies followed as well as refunds. Things did not improve.

Further, the one 'perk' the team expected to get out of it was all the shoulder stuff specifically on DC United.  Flo did nothing.  I mean nothing on that level for DC United.  No real pre/post game analysis, etc.  It was like "Hey dude, go to the top row and hold your phone out there for us to stream the game" level of coverage.

As much as Flo was rough out of the gate in the first year and a few of covering DCI, they've improved immensely.  I got the feeling they were expecting the same leeway with DC United out of the gate or something and yet...it was much worse than their DCI offerings.  

There is much rejoicing in the DCU boards and places over this.  And astonishment and speculation on how DCU got out of the contract effective immediately.  One hunch is that Flo was behind on payments, and thus their business model simply can't do this level of the game yet...at all.   Speculation on 'where next' mentions none of the TV outlets but likely YouTube TV or some deal with ESPN+ for in market games.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 5

Also...having my DCU and DCI fandoms collide on DCP is getting confusing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

and i am sure if you contact their customer service, they'll tell you it's on your end

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

HAHAHA, we are warning the coming STL franchise to no do the same. 

I expect Cincinnati to ditch them too soon.

13 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

So will the Flo bootlickers on DCP.

I praise them when they deserve it. and until finals night, they did a decent job this summer for the most part

• Like 3