Performer safety: Does (or should) DCI have footwear rules

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

At 1971 VFW Nationals in Dallas, as we (Garfield) were waiting to enter the Cotton Bowl for prelims I overheard two stadium employees talking. One of them told the other it was 135 degrees at field level in the stadium.

That’s insane. 🔥 

9 hours ago, MikeD said:

At 1971 VFW Nationals in Dallas, as we (Garfield) were waiting to enter the Cotton Bowl for prelims I overheard two stadium employees talking. One of them told the other it was 135 degrees at field level in the stadium.

I remember people that marched there in 91 said it was brutal...at night

On 10/13/2019 at 2:32 PM, MikeD said:

Wow... Tony Schlecta must have had a tough time keeping his beer cold that day!!! :tongue:

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Wow... Tony Schlecta must have had a tough time keeping his beer cold that day!!! :tongue:

Fran, as the Phantom Regt. thread current discussion seems to remind us, you have to explain your references.

52 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Fran, as the Phantom Regt. thread current discussion seems to remind us, you have to explain your references.

Yeah... sorry 'bout that, bit of an inside joke.  I knew Mike, Terri, and Jim would know who I was talking about.

Tony Schlecta was the guy who ran the VFW Nationals drum corps championship for many years. He also was the announcer a number of those years... and had a tendency to, shall we say, imbibe a bit while doing the PA work. :laughing: So... as the show went on,  his announcements became more and more interesting. LOL.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Sounds like the Harry Caray of Drum Corps.  

no, Harry was talented

• Haha 1