NJ/LI/PA DCA central site (where?)

Yes, Jeff. I’m quite familiar with Rochester 2006 !

Someone reported here, DCA has already committed to Williamsport for 2 more years. If true, DCA’s focus should be on maximizing net revenue there. Assuming the weather cooperates, there has to be a way to get more locals in attendance. It’s their stadium, and they know its flaws when they use it throughout the year for other things. For DCA,  the site still has about 2000 seats to extract some kind of revenue from. Those additional dollars would certainly help until something more attractive comes about. Agree?

51 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Someone reported here, DCA has already committed to Williamsport for 2 more years. If true, DCA’s focus should be on maximizing net revenue there. Assuming the weather cooperates, there has to be a way to get more locals in attendance. It’s their stadium, and they know its flaws when they use it throughout the year for other things. For DCA,  the site still has about 2000 seats to extract some kind of revenue from. Those additional dollars would certainly help until something more attractive comes about. Agree?

If emphasis is put in getting locals then local high schools need to be targeted. Haven’t had a corps presence in that area since late 1950s. Then a merger with Lock Haven of all places IIRC

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

finals ticket prices are not going to draw in the uninitiated. i said it with Winston Salem and I was right. I don't care how many local tv spots you run, especially as more and more people cut the cord, or how many newspaper ads you take out, as more and more papers cut the number of days they print.

dislike of the stadium grows. i heard people say this year to let them know when it moves elsewhere. group ticket deals for bands are key, and you're going to have to branch out to schools that are past an hour away, because the number of competing bands within an hours drive isn't good. Plus, traditionally, Penn State has a home game Labor Day weekend, and I know 20 people that chose the Penn State game over finals this year after their experience last year.

granted, that would require a marketing plan and well.......you get what you don't pay for.

• Like 2

I'm trying hard not to believe DCA would completely abandon efforts to find new revenue from Williamsport. Might prove to have been a unwise selection of venue, but it's all DCA has for the next two years. Perhaps even longer.  Unsold seats still remain there. Any amount of revenue, or even just promotional benefit, gained by filling those seats is worth pursuing. Far too often, the path to more revenue was to take the easy route. That is, simply increase the ticket price for those who already are attending. Such "answers to the problem" have gradually made attracting brand new (replacement) fans even more difficult.

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I'm trying hard not to believe DCA would completely abandon efforts to find new revenue from Williamsport. Might prove to have been a unwise selection of venue, but it's all DCA has for the next two years. Perhaps even longer.  Unsold seats still remain there. Any amount of revenue, or even just promotional benefit, gained by filling those seats is worth pursuing. Far too often, the path to more revenue was to take the easy route. That is, simply increase the ticket price for those who already are attending. Such "answers to the problem" have gradually made attracting brand new (replacement) fans even more difficult.

well...that would require people to actually look. Any marketing that i have seen done is on social media, by one person. They have a PR person listed, I met him, and i don;t remember his name, not do you see it anywhere.

To survive, DCA has to run like a business, not out of a shoebox. One person cannot do it all.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:51 PM, dbriggs said:

who needs lights, when... 

Fun! Except for the spotlights on the drum majors which also shine right into the audience's eyes.

On 10/21/2019 at 4:45 PM, JimF-LowBari said:

If anyone wants proof that people are smarter now. Only “changes made due to monsoon” were show changed to exhibition and Westshoremen went out in street clothes because we had new uniforms. Which meant we were soaked the whole way home...

Few weeks later we marched a parade in a downpour in street clothes and ponchos if we had them. Important thing was.... the check cleared

and forgot BigW has them flashbacks too...

Oh, the flash and shower of sparks? Yeah, that was a nice surprise after the Concert number, wasn't it? We were all freezing, too.

At least for the Halifax, PA parade Rook made me a good turban out of my blue and white striped towel which helped a little and made me look dashing. :cool:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigW said:

And now we have the case for an on field percussion judge to check technique. :guinesssmilie:

we still have one, but only when visual stops running the activity