NJ/LI/PA DCA central site (where?)

So what's basically coming out of all of this discussion is that no college venue is going to be feasible due to football schedules, unless DCA gives up Labor Day weekend.

Gotta say that leaves very few options...

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Galen said:

So what's basically coming out of all of this discussion is that no college venue is going to be feasible due to football schedules, unless DCA gives up Labor Day weekend.

Yep.

Ivy League only.  LOL.

Where is that wealthy Princeton drum corps alum when we need him or her? :tongue:

17 hours ago, Galen said:

for a multi year run no, and i get why DCA or other places want to lock down at least 2 years per deal.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:57 AM, Galen said:

There are plenty of options.  One week before Labor Day.  Two weeks before Labor Day.  Three weeks before Labor Day...

Buckle up it's going to get bumpy ! 

Currently six of DCA's competing Thirteen Corps are from west and south of the Allegheny Mountains.  The Mid-West and South can rightly lay claim to DCA's major growth area.  Costs to compete in the "DCA CORRIDOR" for us are in $20,000 (plus or minus a thousand or two) range per trip.  

I would offer that it's time to rethink the whole I-95 approach, and possibility move West to an I-79 venue.  Much more doable for Drum Corps fans that want support their local Mid-West and Southern Corps, and much cheaper for non I-95 Corps to attend.

Without the Mid-West, and South, DCA's pretty much a seven corps circuit.  The answer to "Will DCA Be Around in Five Years" lies in can DCA embrace growth, and compromise a little.

Rumblings  are that there may be one or two more Mid-West organizations considering moving into DCA in 2020.

Regards, Stldrmn1  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

There are plenty of options.  One week before Labor Day.  Two weeks before Labor Day.  Three weeks before Labor Day...

But those involve moving finals back from Labor Day weekend. I'd agree that there definitely would be more options if they take that step, but if they stay married to that particular weekend, then the amount of top-tier venues greatly diminishes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Galen said:

But those involve moving finals back from Labor Day weekend. I'd agree that there definitely would be more options if they take that step, but if they stay married to that particular weekend, then the amount of top-tier venues greatly diminishes.

This is beginning to mirror the discussion on that other thread analyzing whether DCA will last another 5 years.  Or as another site put it: Will DCA last another 5 years if not discussed on DCP by Pennsylvanians? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

This is beginning to mirror the discussion on that other thread analyzing whether DCA will last another 5 years.  Or as another site put it: Will DCA last another 5 years if not discussed on DCP by Pennsylvanians?