NJ/LI/PA DCA central site (where?)

3 hours ago, stldrmn1 said:

Interesting Development !

Apparently DCI finials weekend will include a Saturday DCA/All Age Show !

How many I-95 Corps could/would make the trip to Indianapolis for what many turn into a Championship (pay day) event ?

Expect more info to follow.

Regards, STLDRMN 

i had heard a rumor but hadn't seen anything officially published

3 hours ago, stldrmn1 said:

Interesting Development !

Apparently DCI finials weekend will include a Saturday DCA/All Age Show !

How many I-95 Corps could/would make the trip to Indianapolis for what many turn into a Championship (pay day) event ?

Expect more info to follow.

Regards, STLDRMN 

This is the show that if any all-age corps is interested has to commit to attending DCA Championships too or will not be allowed to compete! The deal made between DCA and DCI Admins. Remember Terri Schehr talking about that caveat.

If so, I doubt there will be much if any interest in attending. The travel cost to Indy, and additional travel expenses to little league town a couple weeks later IMO doesn’t make financial sense for most organizations. 

Edited by Poppycock

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

This is the show that if any all-age corps is interested has to commit to attending DCA Championships too or will not be allowed to compete! The deal made between DCA and DCI Admins. Remember Terri Schehr talking about that caveat.

If so, I doubt there will be much if any interest in attending. The travel cost to Indy, and additional travel expenses to little league town a couple weeks later IMO doesn’t make financial sense for most organizations. 

if DCI throws some tix in nosebleed seats in, it could entice an NE corps or two to attend as well. they did in 99 and 01

5 hours ago, dbriggs said:

nosebleed seats are preferred and even prime to many. did you mean something more like endzone seats?

nosebleed seats are available in the end zones too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lucas Oil Stadium would be the venue.  

Great exposure for the DCI folks who have had little, if any, experience with the DCA product. 

If true, I can think of three Class "A", and three Open Class Corps that could/would (no brainer for a score on DCA sheets) make the trip this year for the August 8th date. One, Kidsgrove, would already be in town.  There would be no restrictions as Terry Schehr alluded too.

Additionally, a phenomenal recruiting opportunity for Age Out's, and those who are using a DCA program as a spring board into a DCI Corps. 

Regards, STLDRMN

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stldrmn1 said:

Lucas Oil Stadium would be the venue.  

Great exposure for the DCI folks who have had little, if any, experience with the DCA product. 

If true, I can think of three Class "A", and three Open Class Corps that could/would (no brainer for a score on DCA sheets) make the trip this year for the August 8th date. One, Kidsgrove, would already be in town.  There would be no restrictions as Terry Schehr alluded too.

Additionally, a phenomenal recruiting opportunity for Age Out's, and those who are using a DCA program as a spring board into a DCI Corps. 

Regards, STLDRMN

This is an opportunity for those all-age organizations who want to begin and end their seasons the same as DCI while not being obligated to attend DCA in little league town. How many corps break from DCA if this becomes an annual event? 

Edited by Poppycock

I’m anxious to hear more about this DCA in Indy concept. First, an official announcement From both DCI and DCA. If such an event does take place, I am very reserved in expectations. So many hurdles to overcome, but still a worthy effort. Even if the event draws flies, DCI  should be given credit for providing the opportunity. 

I continue to believe the current, and practical, radius of operation for existing DCA corps and fans is somewhere inside a 300-400 mile limit of where one lives. Remember, too, even Williamsport hasn’t been maxed-out at this point. I’d focus there first.

None the less . . .  good luck !

On 11/15/2019 at 11:56 AM, Poppycock said:

It’s good that they decided against their first inclination.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Poppycock said:

This is an opportunity for those all-age organizations who want to begin and end their seasons the same as DCI while not being obligated to attend DCA in little league town. How many corps break from DCA if this becomes an annual event? 

based on 2 previous attempts to do this, how many fans show up? I want it to work, but...well....marketing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1