NJ/LI/PA DCA central site (where?)

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

It’s important to regularly consider new locations for Championships well ahead of needing an alternative. No problem there. My observation is, at this time, DCA has yet to maximize revenue potential at Williamsport. Certainly, the weather hasn’t helped. But, it appears too many seats are going empty regardless. The advance sale this time was absolutely dreadful. Primary focus for the next two years should be change things up in marketing Williamsport.

Clearly, to me anyway, Labor Day Weekend no longer works. Also, I believe, ticket pricing is too high to attract new fans. Time to be creative with the two outer seating areas.

Question will DCA look to find out why Willies-port attendance was off. Was problem marketing or other issues also involved.

13 hours ago, MikeD said:

I beat you to the TCNJ suggestion...it is a great venue.   😀

Monmouth U would be good, except in the summer the Jersey shore might be tough to navigate, traffic-wise. On the plus side,  there are many nice restaurants in the area, plus of course the beach for those who want to partake.

No lights at the Monmouth stadium,  as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

No lights at the Monmouth stadium,  as far as I know.

Oh please nothing with temporary lighting on poles....

You and I  are still having flashbacks from Brick, NJ 1979

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Ah, did not know that. They only fairly recently added football at all to the school.

The new stadium is beautiful... but no lights, no drum corps show.  LOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh please nothing with temporary lighting on poles....

You and I  are still having flashbacks from Brick, NJ 1979

Yep... we will never forget that.

Lightning, thunder, pouring rain, some of the lightbulbs bursting... and yet the show went on. A classic "what the #### were WE thinking" moment.   LOL.

Thankfully, there are protocols in place now to prevent stuff like that from happening.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Yep... we will never forget that.

Lightning, thunder, pouring rain, some of the lightbulbs bursting... and yet the show went on. A classic "what the #### were WE thinking" moment.   LOL.

Thankfully, there are protocols in place now to prevent stuff like that from happening.

If anyone wants proof that people are smarter now. Only “changes made due to monsoon” were show changed to exhibition and Westshoremen went out in street clothes because we had new uniforms. Which meant we were soaked the whole way home...

Few weeks later we marched a parade in a downpour in street clothes and ponchos if we had them. Important thing was.... the check cleared

and forgot BigW has them flashbacks too...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

It’s important to regularly consider new locations for Championships well ahead of needing an alternative. No problem there. My observation is, at this time, DCA has yet to maximize revenue potential at Williamsport. Certainly, the weather hasn’t helped. But, it appears too many seats are going empty regardless. The advance sale this time was absolutely dreadful. Primary focus for the next two years should be change things up in marketing Williamsport.

Clearly, to me anyway, Labor Day Weekend no longer works. Also, I believe, ticket pricing is too high to attract new fans. Time to be creative with the two outer seating areas.

no offense, but the facility needs to be appealing. This high school stadium, and not one of the better ones in PA, isn't the kind of venue that will draw people. Even in 06 Rochester, unfinished under whatever it's name was that year beat Biilltown. Now I haven't been there since 11, and I hear the place has issues due to funding issues since then, but it would stiill...venue only mind you, not the town....beats Billtown.

DCA has an older crowd and will until some kind of serious and realistic marketing campaign is underway for a significant period of time. Bleacher seating, with no handrails and tiny concrete steps at a slightly steep pitch aren't appealing to people. The food options weren't bad, but IMO not as good as Rochester or Annapolis.  as someone who recruits bands for a circuit, "venue matters" is something I hear often when you look at how much a band pays to go to USBands at Metlife vs TOB at Hershey. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no offense, but the facility needs to be appealing. This high school stadium, and not one of the better ones in PA, isn't the kind of venue that will draw people. Even in 06 Rochester, unfinished under whatever it's name was that year beat Biilltown. Now I haven't been there since 11, and I hear the place has issues due to funding issues since then, but it would still...venue only mind you, not the town....beats Billtown.

If we could combine the downtown Williamsport atmosphere (safe streets, several good places to eat/drink, etc.)  with the Rochester stadium, and no hill, we might have a winner.

Then again... if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a car. :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1