Adults and cannabis on tour

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I'm not going to suggest that every drum corps kid is an angel.  However, today's activity is a far cry from when I marched in the early 80s, when some corps would load cases of beer onto the buses after a show, kids would smoke cigarettes before and after rehearsal, and I even remember watching a certain corps from New Jersey unloading their truck before a show while passing around a joint.  The activity has evolved.

I was referring to drugs harder than marijuana as cigarettes & beer don’t count as a “drug” in my book.  If kids today aren’t using those then good for them!  They’re smarter than we were.

40 minutes ago, FTNK said:

If I were out there marching today I'd be hitting the cannabis vape pen EVERY NIGHT

And you’d be going home.  In most corps anyway.

41 minutes ago, FTNK said:

If I were out there marching today I'd be hitting the cannabis vape pen EVERY NIGHT

Interesting paradox... with pot you want to hold the smoke in. With vape you want to blow it all out and make your own fog bank. At least making a blueberry flavored giant cloud seems to be the purpose of guy standing outside of my building. Want to make fog horn sounds whenever I walk by him.

• Haha 2

I don't know if this is something any nomadic activity would even want to try to manage - within the continental US there are only 10 states that have legalized the use of recreational marijuana, allowing the possession of varied but very small quantities by an individual.  Twenty states have enacted laws allowing use for medical purposes only, leaving it still completely illegal to possess and transport in the remaining 18.  So a potential 38 out of 48 states where you would be visiting or driving through holding your breath (heh!) hoping no one screws up, someone sees something/says something, or you don't get stopped or searched 'just because'.

a nightmare I think.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

TELL YOUR CHILDREN....

• Haha 3