Adults and cannabis on tour

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Weird part is after I watched the next video was Victor Borge.... lol something about piano players I guess

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last summer, while in Denver for DATR, I found myself outside of one of those "dispensaries".  Some guy who still thought is was 1968 was selling tennis shoes.  I bought a pair.  I don't know what they were laced with but I've been trippin' ever since.    😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In most (I believe all, actually) states where possession has been decriminalized, you can't consume in public.  Almost everywhere a drum corps travels, stays and rehearses would be public.  Hence, you can't consume on tour.

Some corps may look the other way, but whether or not the corps is in a decriminalized state has nothing to do with that.  

13 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

This was mandatory viewing in college...great laughter ensued!!

• Haha 3

I remember two of our older members driving the equipment truck back from Canada and being pulled over at border. Truck was searched and so were the members...inside and out. Nothing was found and they were late returning to our rehearsal.

On 10/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, craiga said:

Every corps has a membership contract which is quite specific regarding things like bullying, harassment,  poor behavior, hazing,  controlled substances, etc.    Even though the dreaded reefer is now legal in places like here in Maine, Massachusetts, etc it is still against federal law.  Add to this the dimension of corps travelling through the night after each show and crossing through multiple jurisdictions, nobody could fault the organizations for having zero tolerance.

As for alcohol, it is not a comparable situation because the drinking age in all 50 states is 21, so if a legal-age member wanted to have a beer on a free night that should pose no liability to the corps as long as there is no stupid behavior which results from it.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express one night. 

Actually you make a good point. While it's legal to purchase cannabis in states that sell it for those of age it is ILLEGAL to transport it from one state to another. I'm not sure about the creams or lotions but the smoking and eating kind is illegal and you could get arrested if caught in a state where it's illegal.  

Edited by DFA1970

Ya, thinking bad at every level because laws are so different in every state.  Seriously, if you are inhaling anything into your lungs in this day and age of information....