Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

On the other hand , How many times have we seen the big announcement of someone leaving only to see them posting a few weeks later. Makes some wonder. With that said voicing an opinion is fine and should be welcomed , the drama of the exit IMO is another.

I do find it interesting and chuckled a bit when a long time fan doesn't really go back very far, especially to some . Only one knows what their own personal motives or incentives are and why they feel the need to announce

I guess the good ole days could be 40 years ago or yesterday..lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

On the other hand , How many times have we seen the big announcement of someone leaving only to see them posting a few weeks later. Makes some wonder. With that said voicing an opinion is fine and should be welcomed , the drama of the exit IMO is another.

I do find it interesting and chuckled a bit when a long time fan doesn't really go back very far, especially to some .

The reason I responded the way I did is because I don't care why someone lose interest and then post why they did. Because it was for a reaction. If you lose interest that's fine. But it was posted for a reaction and a kind of "bandwagon" yeah...I get it. I've seen it all the time on here. They come back with a different profile. Like a new person but not really. 

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

The reason I responded the way I did is because I don't care why someone lose interest and then post why they did. Because it was for a reaction. If you lose interest that's fine. But it was posted for a reaction and a kind of "bandwagon" yeah...I get it. I've seen it all the time on here. They come back with a different profile. Like a new person but not really. 

I understood from your 1st post what you meant or your point.🙂

8 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

And you “know” it was for a reaction how? Having done it myself for a decade I know how much it can bother a person to quit watching something they enjoy. Possibly it was a way for the OP to put into words their feelings. Might have done it myself way back when but no social media then.

For those of you who have been around a long time...

Do the electronics/props add more to the "dirt" of an early season show/performance? 

I know early season shows have a long way to go before finals but the extra props/amps/visuals seem to add a lot more factors to clean.

These "new style" shows are mind blowing come finals week but I would imagine they have a lot of bugs and kinks out west.

Is this more of a case where the "best" shows since 09 have been from Allentown to Indy and he just hasn't seen the final product?

Not that I am a particular fan of over the top staging and amplification...just something to think about.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

For those of you who have been around a long time...

Do the electronics/props add more to the "dirt" of an early season show/performance? 

I know early season shows have a long way to go before finals but the extra props/amps/visuals seem to add a lot more factors to clean.

These "new style" shows are mind blowing come finals week but I would imagine they have a lot of bugs and kinks out west.

Is this more of a case where the "best" shows since 09 have been from Allentown to Indy and he just hasn't seen the final product?

Not that I am a particular fan of over the top staging and amplification...just something to think about.

Can’t answer your question but when I came back 2003 there were problems with incomplete early shows. Saw Cadets at exhibition and the reason given for not being finished was bad weather that Spring. Then saw people talking about how the shows are more complex based on number of sets. Wondered if activity was sacrificing early shows for more, more, more

You never want to see disillusioned fans leave any activity. In the OP's case, be it a statement, seeking a reaction or just a genuine, heartfelt "I don't enjoy this any longer", it doesn't matter to me. I understand the reasoning and frustration, but everyone is different. Myself, I've adapted, though at times slowly, but I'm telling you - the day I see drones or robots flying around the field playing instruments and twirling rifles, I'm outta here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

You never want to see disillusioned fans leave any activity. In the OP's case, be it a statement, seeking a reaction or just a genuine, heartfelt "I don't enjoy this any longer", it doesn't matter to me. I understand the reasoning and frustration, but everyone is different. Myself, I've adapted, though at times slowly, but I'm telling you - the day I see drones or robots flying around the field playing instruments and twirling rifles, I'm outta here. 

Agree. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to leave the activity completely. It’s been too big a part of my life.  ADAPTION really is the key. I’m enjoying DCI now as much as ever . . . . Just in a different way!

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I do find it interesting and chuckled a bit when a long time fan doesn't really go back very far, especially to some . Only one knows what their own personal motives or incentives are and why they feel the need to announce

Yes, I do miss those dramatic exits over the end line. :tongue:

• Haha 4