Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And why not post that you are leaving and the reasons why in a respectful manner. If you care about something and disagree with what is going on your voice should be heard. Or is DCP the “good things only” social media site?

Yup, I agree with that. If the person chose to join just to post what he did, fine by me. He deserves respect whatever his stance is. Everyone has their own reasons for their personal decisions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

But so long farewell.

Auf Wiedersehen, good night... I hate to go and leave this pretty sight. :innocent:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Where is that site???

DCN was fun to read. Often like the Wild West there. All sorts of of unvarnished opinions. LOL

I hope somebody has a link. I lost it a few years ago. It has a lot of great stuff.

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I hope somebody has a link. I lost it a few years ago. It has a lot of great stuff.

I just found it at “Historical Drum Corps Publications.”  Fun to look back to a time when fans didn’t restrict their messages to 30 words or less!  Writing is becoming a lost art.

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yes, I do miss those dramatic exits over the end line. :tongue:

Have the dvds with 1967 shows. After living with front sideline ending it was like “wth is that it?”. But you go on 60s dc fb group that’s “real” drum corps 

7 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I just found it at “Historical Drum Corps Publications.”  Fun to look back to a time when fans didn’t restrict their messages to 30 words or less!  Writing is becoming a lost art.

Thanks I saved them all to cd just in case and glad I did. Mainly 1962-1967 iirc

21 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

You’re safe at 33. Heh. 

19 hours ago, garfield said:

See, there's so much you could have said without punching him in the nose in the process.  Daggers are not necessary.

He has his opinion - you've been trumpeting your incredulous attitude towards legacy fans for a long time.  You're consistent, if nothing else.

Your opinion is as valid as his, but he didn't jab you, personally, or anyone else in posting his feelings.

I value his opinion more as a result.

"The older you get, the smarter I'll get" said every father and "Legacy Fan".

I didn’t “punch him in the nose” or “throw daggers” as you think I might have done.  My point was there’s much to be missed and in MY opinion he’ll miss out.  I do think he’s being a bit selfish and again, that’s MY opinion.  I am sorry that some people feel as he does but if they can just be more open to today’s dc, they can appreciate and enjoy what is going on.  I have no idea about where you get my incredulous attitude toward legacy fans but I’d be happy to hear your specifics about that.  

• Thanks 1

The  Corps Encore Show ran for years before I even knew anything about drum corps.  At some point the Ogden show failed and there were no shows in Ogden for a few years.  My connections at the university, the community, my staff and my money were used to restart the Ogden show.  My contributions might have been counterproductive, minor or even unnecessary to the re-start and continue the Ogden show, I don't know enough to make that call.  What I do know is that myself and (paid) staff from my company were the first ones waiting for the arrival of the first corps, and the last person to leave.  This is true even when some some corps arrived days early in Ogden, and true even when some corps stayed some days after the show.  Year-round we tried to identify and fulfill various wants and needs of the corps when they were in Ogden.  I don't know if anyone on DCP has any first-hand experience with the Ogden show during my involvement.

I was intrigued with the possibility of capturing the sheer magic of the live acoustic performance in a recording.  My attitude about any recording is that it is like trying to can/bottle sushi, you can't do it.  But there is a difference between pet food and Albacore so I wanted to at least have recordings that failed in new ways.  I have some wonderful friends in the audio industry, both on the consumer and the professional side who assisted me.  I did post about those early recording experiences, called IsoMike here on DCP, I kinda liked some of the results. YMMV  Technically we pushed the envelope (and budget) of every single factor.  The last (unreleased) recordings we did are in 4XDSD 4.0 surround.  We played back some of those raw master files at various audio shows with systems costing high 6 figures.  I don't know if anyone on DCP has ever experienced one of my 4.0 playback demonstrations.  I don't know if anyone on DCP were present, in the Ogden recording booth, when we did recordings.  Again, I don't know if my recording efforts were counterproductive, minor or even unnecessary.

Finally, what does "OP" mean?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I didn’t “punch him in the nose” or “throw daggers” as you think I might have done.  My point was there’s much to be missed and in MY opinion he’ll miss out.  I do think he’s being a bit selfish and again, that’s MY opinion.  I am sorry that some people feel as he does but if they can just be more open to today’s dc, they can appreciate and enjoy what is going on.  I have no idea about where you get my incredulous attitude toward legacy fans but I’d be happy to hear your specifics about that.  

Sorry but I just read the second half of it as it is someone’s fault if they don’t like something. Or they have a problem because they need to be more open minded. Whatever happened to people being allowed to have different opinions. IOW “I like it and you don’t. What’s wrong with you”

Edited by JimF-LowBari