Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

17 hours ago, BrassTeacher said:

Yes folks, if you know who Mr. Kimber is, you would not be so quick to dismiss his opinion and observation on the sound of drumcorps coming through some of the sound systems currently in use. If I remember correctly, he came up with a special way to wind cables to shield them from almost any induced noise around them, allowing for much clearer recording and playback. Electronic sound is the man's business.

https://www.kimber.com

I didn’t know that.  Thanks.  I hope he reconsiders.  He is definitely someone worth keeping around. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t know that.  Thanks.  I hope he reconsiders.  He is definitely someone worth keeping around. 

I agree.  And I consider Mr. Kimber no more or less worth keeping around than any other fan.

With an activity as much a niche as drum corps, the activity is paying attention to all fans even as not all opinions will be honored with expected action.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

sorry to see you go.

so I posted this. Simple, polite, no snark.

I don't even get to the bottom of page 1, and the amount of snark and bloviating and "i'm better than you are" in the rest of THAT PAGE.......and no wonder people get the perception of DCP they do. Jesus ####### Christ

• Like 1

21 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Really though I'm not sure drum corps ever recovered from the addition of contrabass bugles back in the 1960s. That's when it all started going south.

no, no, no, it was the #### marching bells. maybe even when women were allowed to join.

(insert sarcasm here)

21 hours ago, garfield said:

Really?  Where else would you have him vent?  What other space has the credibility and age of DCP?

If he wants someone to hear, this is the place.  Period.  His message will be buried and lost anywhere else.

Or, perhaps you'd prefer he just go away quietly?

I know this.....when i do my next Drum Corps Af column "d###### posts from DCP", this thread gets mentioned

20 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I know you’re being facetious, but I think it’s when the tic system was abolished. That opened the Broadway floodgates. 

tics were still around when the 1976 Bayonne Bridgemen broke all the established military rules

5 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Finally. Someone who gets it. Of course hockey should always be supported. After all, the good old hockey game, is the best game you can name. 

hockey was great til they added helmets

• Haha 1

i think this board would be awesome if everybody ending their dci fandom announced it in a separate thread.  

especially between september and may when discussion revolves around "will XXX corps actually f'ing announce anything relevant about their shows?"

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Really? I'm not. Because that post is just self serving for a reaction. And they got it.

look....the drama...eh. but i'm sad to see any fan leave. See, in my line of work, retention is just as important as getting new customers. Will drum corps ever please everyone all the time? Hello no, it doesn't even please me all the time. But there's no reason for all of the posts being ######## to the poster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Who cares. I don't care about why someone leaves. Just leave. End of story.

clearly obvious you don't run a business with that attitude.

• Haha 3