Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

2 hours ago, denmum said:

Before you go-try this. Early next season-go to a show and be sure to sit in the middle of a top brass line that is warming up. If that doesn't get the juices flowing then it may be too late.

Then you have the actual show where apparently the issues that bother him occur.... Being an IT guy and not a musician I probably wouldn’t notice. But working with sound like he does I’m sure sound being off like he describes would be like fingernails on ye olde blackboard.... 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Then you have the actual show where apparently the issues that bother him occur.... Being an IT guy and not a musician I probably wouldn’t notice. But working with sound like he does I’m sure sound being off like he describes would be like fingernails on ye olde blackboard.... 

You're probably right. My youngest son went to school (Columbia U.) with Neil Meyerhoff's (Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Balt., MD) son and Neil told me at a luncheon that the only way to listen to music was in a professional music hall. To me that was somewhat elitist but I guess there are those music lovers that want that absolute pure sound.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, denmum said:

You're probably right. My youngest son went to school (Columbia U.) with Neil Meyerhoff's (Meyerhoff Symphony Hall in Balt., MD) son and Neil told me at a luncheon that the only way to listen to music was in a professional music hall. To me that was somewhat elitist but I guess there are those music lovers that want that absolute pure sound.

Lol reminds me of a guy who was a great middle horn player but was a criminology major at college. Someone ask why he didn’t study music he said if he got into music that deep he might not enjoy it as much.

Dang just looked and saw you’re ex-White Roses 👍

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol reminds me of a guy who was a great middle horn player but was a criminology major at college. Someone ask why he didn’t study music he said if he got into music that deep he might not enjoy it as much.

Dang just looked and saw you’re ex-White Roses 👍

Yes, the York White Roses-late 60's. Lot of fun and good times and good people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, denmum said:

In that same conversation I told Neil that I enjoy the Balt. Symphony at Oregon Ridge (their summer home where the sound is micd.) just as much as I do at the Meyerhoff and he then tried to tell me that that would be an impossibility. To each his own I guess.

35 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

If I can enjoy a performance through headphones, I can probably enjoy one with P.A. speakers. Most of us enjoy the unpure sub hits at concerts. 

Agree completely. And like I said before-I love to be in the middle of a top brass line before the show, but the enhanced sound on the field is sometimes even better IMO. 

PA systems make recordings more difficult and probably take away your enjoyment, but most people (99.99%) aren't going to play the recordings through a $400k system with $6k speaker cables. So, to the vast majority, PAs improve the experience if done right.

2 hours ago, denmum said:

Agree completely. And like I said before-I love to be in the middle of a top brass line before the show, but the enhanced sound on the field is sometimes even better IMO. 

Melt my face off in G. Melt my face off in B-Flat. Melt my face off with amps. Just please...melt my #$#$*&^% face off. 

Times change, music changes and the way we design and even listen to shows changes. But a good face melting is timeless. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Melt my face off in G. Melt my face off in B-Flat. Melt my face off with amps. Just please...melt my #$#$*&^% face off. 

Times change, music changes and the way we design and even listen to shows changes. But a good face melting is timeless. 

Botox can help with that😀

• Haha 2