Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

10 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I can still hear it in my head

So I have that going for me. :lol:

For whatever reason, that was the only announcer's scoresheet I ever saved from those DCA shows. And now in your possession.  I wish I had saved them all... would have cleared up some disputes over who won which captions in what years.  LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I can still hear it in my head

I can as well....we finished 2nd that night 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Penn State has changed lots of things. Just not noticeable to those not truly involved. take it from someone married to an alumnus

You’re smarter than this. If it’s “not noticeable” then it’s obviously not changed nearly to the extent drum corps has. That’s my point and you know it. My point was not that marching bands have not changed at all. 

21 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Got it. And I don't entirely disagree.

But I was just making an innocent/innocuous sidebar comment about how much Penn State's band has improved.

Sometimes I wonder if you're channeling your inner Stu.  :tongue:  Geez.

That was probably my defense mechanism kicking in for the reply I knew would come (and yup it did) conflating small change marching bands have made over the years to large and dramatic changes drum corps have made, and concluding “see - no difference!”

Hey Gar, re: OSU band making stick figures. That’s a funny (to me anyway) example of change, since it’s a “back to the future” kind of change. I’m sure you know the stick figure thing was all the rage in the 1950s (via the magic of YouTube). So it’s a retread, really. 

58 minutes ago, garfield said:

tic-tock, tic-tock...

It’s hard enough for me to get used to color guard dudes in bright tights and purple eyeshadow but woodwinds.....!!??  That’s my line in the sand.

If it does that will be the real day the music dies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

It’s hard enough for me to get used to color guard dudes in bright tights and purple eyeshadow but woodwinds.....!!??  That’s my line in the sand.

If it does that will be the real day the music dies.

All brass is the unique voice. I'm not even a fan of trombones, woodwinds is also my line. Not that it means anything.