Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

13 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

People have been saying WW's are on the way for 30 years....It is just something they want to complain about and fear monger with. Even if it does happen in one thread they will be complaining and gnashing their teeth about the decision and in another thread asking when San Antonio tickets go on sale and which corps offers the best seats if you buy from them.

Any change will cause some complaining among people who, nevertheless, remain overall supporters of the activity.  But sometimes, a change actually drives some people away.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Spatzzz, please clarify. Are you saying "Woodwinds are not coming." Or, if woodwinds are coming, it's of no concern to me."  To be honest, such an addition is really of no concern to me. I will sample the new product with an open mind and decide for myself.

I don't see DCI adding WW's ever. I think people just like to say that they are and proclaim it will be the last straw and they will leave the activity forever.....and then 2 months later they are buying tickets to a show. I mean really what would it hurt....can you imagine some of the insane WW features we would hear....lol

57 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

People have been saying WW's are on the way for 30 years....It is just something they want to complain about and fear monger with. Even if it does happen in one thread they will be complaining and gnashing their teeth about the decision and in another thread asking when San Antonio tickets go on sale and which corps offers the best seats if you buy from them.

Do you need a license to speak for everyone or do you just do it free lance?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

American Flag Bunting

Does improvement with bunting here mean it is the guard tech's work or the costume designers???

well it doesn't help your jokes 😎

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, garfield said:

All this is understandable and seems to mimic a lot of feelings here.

But, here's a significant issue to consider:  60% of music kids in HS and college play something other than brass and drums.

Attracting those players as a new revenue source is almost written in the cards.

and adding costs...and perhaps a lot of lost revenue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

they are closer now than they have been. Not saying it's a done deal, but it's been discussed at high levels

9 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I mean you know I'm not wrong....lol

Partially right and partially wrong... The ones who say they are leaving and then ask about tickets you notice. It’s the ones who leave and don’t ask you never realize they left. (Unless you know them personally and do know a few)

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Partially right and partially wrong... The ones who say they are leaving and then ask about tickets you notice. It’s the ones who leave and don’t ask you never realize they left. (Unless you know them personally and do know a few)

But that is going to happen regardless and there would be additional fans added to fill those that leave...its the way of the world.