Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

But that is going to happen regardless and there would be additional fans added to fill those that leave...its the way of the world.

First post I responded to it sounded like you were making a blanket statement that people complain and don’t leave. In other words people who complain never leave. Now you are saying some complainers do leave. 
Let me know which one it is so I can understand better 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

But that is going to happen regardless and there would be additional fans added to fill those that leave...its the way of the world.

And yet, TCM preserves and shows over and over again "Legacy" movies and films, and their products go back 80 years or more.  Comcast is so certain that their fans will pay for the content that they are adding it to the premium-only service (upsetting many customers) even as the providers are claiming there's not enough demand to justify the cost.

So, yes, the world turns and the sun comes up and things change.  But, when it comes to generating revenue for a 75 year old activity that's trying to stay relevant, the example presented by TCM might be worth considering instead of simply casting aside the "Legacy" fans. 

It's not proven causation, but the duck has feathers and webbed feet.  We'll know how it quacks if (when?) WW join the field.

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

can you imagine some of the insane WW features we would hear....lol

Yes, I can because marching bands have been doing it for more than a century.

I can imagine the chills now of a stirring, perfectly executed, company front made entirely of flutes. That’ll get the blood moving. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Yes, I can because marching bands have been doing it for more than a century.

I can imagine the chills now of a stirring, perfectly executed, company front made entirely of flutes. That’ll get the blood moving. 

Clarinets to the box! 😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, greg_orangecounty said:

27 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Clarinets to the box! 😂

Shouldn’t be an issue with some corps since they’ll just mic them.  Now, having a sax 🎷 attached to your hip while doing your best Benny Goodman clarinet solo might be a problem.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

First post I responded to it sounded like you were making a blanket statement that people complain and don’t leave. In other words people who complain never leave. Now you are saying some complainers do leave. 
Let me know which one it is so I can understand better 

It's both. Why can't it be both.

44 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

It's both. Why can't it be both.

Never said it couldn’t be both. Like I said the first post I responded to sounded all one way.

Edited by JimF-LowBari