Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

38 minutes ago, Ray Kimber said:

This article came across my news feed this morning.  The thought occurred to me that any DCI Show has a mixture of Intellectual Property possibilities.  IIRC there was a corps who marched in silence for a portion of their program  https://www.prosoundweb.com/intellectual-property-or-not-who-really-owns-your-console-show-file/

Ouch... then there was the rights issues of Stetson Richmonds recordings from 50s and 60s. Copies had floated on the web for years but it wasn’t until DCW bought the rights to the recordings themselves that DCW could sell. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well the older I get the longer it takes all these loose memories to connect. All the US Marines D&BC discussion a few days ago and I finally remembered I have DVD of the Evening Parade at the Washington DC barracks from 2001. Plus bonus of Marines at Edinburgh Scotland Tattoo (highlights) from 1958. Ready to get snowed in this coming season as have stuff to watch....

thanks for the reminder...

And thanks to whoever donated the dvd to Salvation Army. It pays to skulk SA and Goodwill...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

• 2 weeks later...

Many posts ago someone invited me to attend an event in Texas in July.  I replied my acceptance of the offer, but I haven't noticed any email or other contact from the person who posted the invitation.   If possible could that person contact me?  ray@kimber.com

with kind regards,

Ray

10 hours ago, Ray Kimber said:

Many posts ago someone invited me to attend an event in Texas in July.  I replied my acceptance of the offer, but I haven't noticed any email or other contact from the person who posted the invitation.   If possible could that person contact me?  ray@kimber.com

with kind regards,

Ray

You probably won't hear from them because it is likely they will not embrace what you have to say. 

The words "it is over their technical heads"comes to mind here. 

• Like 1

Oh, ok.   Bye!

can this thread end?   

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

nuclear explosion GIF

I'm already voting for Meteorite in 2020 so this would be a perfect start to end this thread LOL

Oh this thread can't be done yet! There's plenty of time until the next big issue! LOL