Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking about it the only healthy thing we did was starting no beer day of show rule. But think that had to do with reforming the corps with a lot of minors more than anything else. 
But man nothing like sleeping in a bus overnight and waking up to yummy yummy Chez Arches (aka McDonalds). And if in NJ/NY stopping around 1am at the traditional meal stop in Philipsburg,NJ at.... MickeyDs. Buses would stop there on way to show to warn the manager “we’d be back”...

MickeyD's was always the breakfast of champions (or in my case...9th or 10th place depending on if was DCI or DCA) I think I vaguely remember rolling up into a Denny's in 05' with CV and literally decimating their buffet on the way to Wildwood for our first show that year. The shock and awe was classic. I only wish our friends from Renegades would have been with us. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

MickeyD's was always the breakfast of champions (or in my case...9th or 10th place depending on if was DCI or DCA) I think I vaguely remember rolling up into a Denny's in 05' with CV and literally decimating their buffet on the way to Wildwood for our first show that year. The shock and awe was classic. I only wish our friends from Renegades would have been with us. 

Jamestown NY late 70s. IIRC McDs closed at midnight and Westshoremen ate there after the show and starting to leave a few minutes before 12. Then we saw the Erie Thunderbirds buses starting to pull in the parking lot. Few people took their time leaving and some of us (me included) ran to the buses telling Erie to hurry up before the doors got locked. Next show we had together found out that McDs was an hour late closing. 😈
And some Tbirds wondered if the “buses welcome” sign would be torn down by disgruntled employees. 🤬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Nah.  That's easy.

Just wait until we REALLY get going!

Annnnd Cadets 2020 in the lead at 115 pages... running neck and neck....

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But this thread started two months after the Cadets one.

Lmao then this is one of those “rally” races where contestants start at different times. Then after everyone’s done check the difference in times.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But this thread started two months after the Cadets one.

It's a fast closer. Good for that extra quarter-mile at the Belmont. :tongue:

• Haha 1