Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

23 hours ago, garfield said:

Still wondering if Ray Kimber hooked up with Daniel Ray.

Daniel Ray Kimber

I think they're the same guy.

Alright contestants, the category is Before and After.  Garfield, you're up first, give the wheel a spin and get us started.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 12:03 AM, Jeff Ream said:

yeah i mean Rarick was only there since what.....02.....and the pit is the one place electronics would have benefitted from it...which he ran before he took total control?

careful when you try to make certain arguments with people wtching that know names and dates

Look at the change in positions and scoring starting with 01.  Note the changes in staff thereafter.  Winning a championship started in 01 and staff changes pressed on thereafter.  I don't want to name names, but everybody knows that Rarick's movement was a necessary change.  You seem to be suggesting that the changes that I am speaking about are ALL much more recent, but they aren't.

So... no, you aren't calling me out on anything.

'00 was an intentional redemption for the organization.  Then everything changed for the Bluecoats in 01 with that show design and a focus on designing and teaching a competitive climb.  Then the action started right away in 02 and following with gradual serious staff adjustments in various sections that needed attention (percussion being one and visual -design- being the biggest).

11 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Look at the change in positions and scoring starting with 01.  Note the changes in staff thereafter.  Winning a championship started in 01 and staff changes pressed on thereafter.  I don't want to name names, but everybody knows that Rarick's movement was a necessary change.  You seem to be suggesting that the changes that I am speaking about are ALL much more recent, but they aren't.

So... no, you aren't calling me out on anything.

'00 was an intentional redemption for the organization.  Then everything changed for the Bluecoats in 01 with that show design and a focus on designing and teaching a competitive climb.  Then the action started right away in 02 and following with gradual serious staff adjustments in various sections that needed attention (percussion being one and visual -design- being the biggest).

winning started after 99. getting back into finals was step 1. and no, i know the who's and when's well. i only saw the 00 staff hiring start in Madison in 99 at HQ.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

winning started after 99. getting back into finals was step 1. and no, i know the who's and when's well. i only saw the 00 staff hiring start in Madison in 99 at HQ.

I think I just said that "'00 was an intentional redemption for the organization.".  Just note that there is a pretty big leap between the '00 and '01 years both in placement and in observable design.  I'm not sure that we have any disagreement here.

3 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I think I just said that "'00 was an intentional redemption for the organization.".  Just note that there is a pretty big leap between the '00 and '01 years both in placement and in observable design.  I'm not sure that we have any disagreement here.

yes and most of the same team. and 02 as well, also a noticeable jump. gotta love the 17055-17013 connection

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

yes and most of the same team. and 02 as well, also a noticeable jump. gotta love the 17055-17013 connection

They definitely learned a lot in 01 that shifted the gears in 02.  No doubt.  That's how it has gone for them since.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

They definitely learned a lot in 01 that shifted the gears in 02.  No doubt.  That's how it has gone for them since.

indeed. glad to call friends and mentors those that got the boat back at sea

On 1/7/2020 at 1:33 PM, Jeff Ream said:

indeed. glad to call friends and mentors those that got the boat back at sea

2000... the "right the ship" year.

AKA Larry and Friends 2.0. :tongue: