Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Botox can help with that😀

After marching so many years of drum corps in the south, I'm not certain it would work LOL. Britt gets mad at me because I have a permanent tan from marching in the late 80's (and she's outdoorsy and white a ghost.) I'm not sure that even botox can stretch the leather that has become my skin. 😂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, denmum said:

Before you go-try this. Early next season-go to a show and be sure to sit in the middle of a top brass line that is warming up. If that doesn't get the juices flowing then it may be too late.

He already been there and done that with the Blue Knights. He even recorded that brass line with a special microphone setup on the DSD format. Absolutely stunning recording with ZERO compression and prodigious dynamics. 

• Like 4

On 10/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, Lance said:

i'm not hanging up my fandom yet, but i'm predicting it will be pretty soon

I wonder how many people are just like you on this one. I bet there is a shockingly high number of people barely hanging on. 

I know I am....

Edited by Triple Forte
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

I wonder how many people are just like you on this one. I bet there is a shockingly high number of people barely hanging on. 

I know I am....

Interesting that no one has complained about people saying they are just hanging on. But say you are leaving and......

On 10/18/2019 at 6:40 PM, ThePlanets said:

Part of the reason why I am wondering if him attending/supporting a local show that is now ALWAYS early season. I haven't been to a live early season show but the tour opener in the theater usually has a lot of cringeworthy AV issues to work out.

I would imagine the added AV effects are a very hot mess at this time with a lot of bugs to work out.

The Ogden show is two and a half weeks into the season.  Most of the corps in that show spent four additional weeks prior to the season in all-day rehearsals.  The sound systems are said to be state of the art, and the sound designers experts in their profession.  If it is still such a "hot mess" midway through week 3 that it drives fans to leave the activity, that is a big problem.

Unless you think alienating fans 3 out of 8 weeks of the season is a brilliant stroke of marketing genius...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Unless you think alienating fans 3 out of 8 weeks of the season is a brilliant stroke of marketing genius...

Well the apologists will say it’s all about Finals Week. Of course flip side is what that says about local shows and people who go to them.

• Like 1

The Ogden show is two and a half weeks into the season.  Most of the corps in that show spent four additional weeks prior to the season in all-day rehearsals.  The sound systems are said to be state of the art, and the sound designers experts in their profession.  If it is still such a "hot mess" midway through week 3 that it drives fans to leave the activity, that is a big problem.

Of course it is if the sole focus is on family members of current MMs, and on those fans experienced enough to remember only two or three years back when there were no "good ole days".

Edited by garfield

Must be endemic to musicians.  My daughter's HS band is entering week four of the football season with only two games left.  They've done two "competitions" and their third (they host) this weekend and yet, to this day, they have not put the entire show on the field.  For this week's "competition" ("You can only judge what's there!) they hope to have Mvmt 4 on the field but, most likely, they'll not perform their entire show until the "State Championships" in two weeks where, undoubtedly, they'll receive the highest possible score.

Not a single football parent or member of the school will see the band do a complete show this season unless they attend the "Championship" show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

37 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well the apologists will say it’s all about Finals Week. Of course flip side is what that says about local shows and people who go to them.

I think a lot of people are like my buddies and me. We thoroughly enjoy the "early" shows but we also thoroughly enjoy championship week. I guess you could say we just thoroughly enjoy the activity-and have been for over 50 years. A couple of them are ex-Bucs and they still really enjoy DCA also.

• Like 2