Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

29 minutes ago, garfield said:

Must be endemic to musicians.  My daughter's HS band is entering week four of the football season with only two games left.  They've done two "competitions" and their third (they host) this weekend and yet, to this day, they have not put the entire show on the field.  For this week's "competition" ("You can only judge what's there!) they hope to have Mvmt 4 on the field but, most likely, they'll not perform their entire show until the "State Championships" in two weeks where, undoubtedly, they'll receive the highest possible score.

Not a single football parent or member of the school will see the band do a complete show this season unless they attend the "Championship" show.

That’s common in Illinois. Especially Marian Catholic, who I love, as well as their director...but I’ve never been a fan of not having a complete product on the field all season. I have no issue with making changes, even substantial ones, but to only add parts at a time I’ve never been able to get behind.

21 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You all got so trolled 😂

I guess I'll be the one who asks on what basis you make this claim.

Is Ray Kimber not a drum corps fan?  Did the OP make all that up?  Is his ISO research invalid or fake?  

Did he only post to gain attention to his work for DC and to promote only himself?

Do you claim he's NOT leaving the activity?

Are the Kimber cables I have connecting my A/V gear not really Kimber cables?

Inquisitive minds want to know!

(Not really, but I'll give you the chance to validate your claim and shine in the light of critical observation!)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

I guess I'll be the one who asks on what basis you make this claim.

Is Ray Kimber not a drum corps fan?  Did the OP make all that up?  Is his ISO research invalid or fake?  

Did he only post to gain attention to his work for DC and to promote only himself?

Do you claim he's NOT leaving the activity?

Are the Kimber cables I have connecting my A/V gear not really Kimber cables?

Inquisitive minds want to know!

(Not really, but I'll give you the chance to validate your claim and shine in the light of critical observation!)

nothing beats good entertainment !! thanks

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Of course it is if the sole focus is on family members of current MMs, and on those fans experienced enough to remember only two or three years back when there were no "good ole days".

Well, since you brought it up...

Fan lifespan down to 3.5 years.

Shows that alienate fans in early season.

What if the latter is the cause, and the former the effect?

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

Then you get this perpetual pilfering of the activity's longest fans for the benefit of obtaining the next short-term one.

(I, personally, don't think it's a question of "What if..." and I'd venture to say that the OP probably agrees with my sentiment.)

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, deftguy said:

He already been there and done that with the Blue Knights. He even recorded that brass line with a special microphone setup on the DSD format. Absolutely stunning recording with ZERO compression and prodigious dynamics. 

I imagine that’s incredibly lush. BK has one of my favorite hornlines. 

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Didn’t realize it was 3.5 years now. What do you call people in the stands at a marching band competition? Parents. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Didn’t realize it was 3.5 years now. What do you call people in the stands at a marching band competition? Parents. 

No, non-finalists.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

No, non-finalists.

No, non-finalists, parents and a few hundred hangers-on. 

• Like 1