What If.....

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

How easy was that to do prior to 2009, when the end venue was changing every year?

Great question. I'd like to hear some show designers' opinions on that.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

How easy was that to do prior to 2009, when the end venue was changing every year?

considering they often went to places several times, ( Madison, Buffalo Orlando) they got to know the places. Denver for example hosted DATR for years. people did homework.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Also, this was just before I started following drum corps again: when was it determined that the 2008 championships would not be held in Lucas Oil because that venue wasn't ready? Did Blue Devils, who are usually considered to be the most prepared corps, design "Constantly Risking Absurdity" thinking they would be performing it indoors? Did "Spartacus" win because of the change to an outdoor setting?

no Spartacus won because BD percussion was a mess

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

considering they often went to places several times, ( Madison, Buffalo Orlando) they got to know the places. Denver for example hosted DATR for years. people did homework.

Good point-and I guess in some ways it was easier because now they have to design props that will make it through the tunnels of the Domes.

2 minutes ago, denmum said:

Good point-and I guess in some ways it was easier because now they have to design props that will make it through the tunnels of the Domes.

Speaking of which-it sure seemed like Blue Stars had to re-construct their "Mt." as they came onto the field at LOS.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:14 PM, copyright said:

Although it didn't quite get the crowd response it should have.

It was bass synth supported if memory serves.  Outdoors no supporting sound.. probably a much bigger response 😊

On 10/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, denmum said:

and the hill at Allentown

• Like 1