2020 schedule release?

I can already tell you the schedule because it is in a rut:

It will start late June.  Several Corps will be at midwest premier; a day or so later west coast premier will happen.  A Corps or two from east or midwest will head to CA as part of the tour.  The west coast tour will leave CA by the first week of July (no more DC for you CA!) toward San Antonio (with a stop for some in Denver & / or Casper), as will the midwest tour.  Corps will gradually be added until they all reach San Antonio.  After that, one - three groups of Corps will follow the usual rut (oops, I mean route) to Atlanta, then north to Allentown, followed by the usual convergence in Indy.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
to use more better English
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It will start late June.  Several Corps will be at midwest premier; a day or so later west coast premier will happen.  A Corps or two from east or midwest will head to CA as part of the tour.  The west coast tour will move leave CA by the first week of July (no more DC for you CA!) toward San Antonio (with a stop for some in Denver & / or Casper), as will the midwest tour.  Corps will gradually be added until they all reach San Antonio.  After that, one - three groups of Corps will follow the usual rut (oops, I mean route) to Atlanta, then north to Allentown, followed by the usual convergence in Indy.

Except for the Open Class CA shows that happen until late July, this is pretty much it

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It will start late June.  Several Corps will be at midwest premier; a day or so later west coast premier will happen.  A Corps or two from east or midwest will head to CA as part of the tour.  The west coast tour will move leave CA by the first week of July (no more DC for you CA!) toward San Antonio (with a stop for some in Denver & / or Casper), as will the midwest tour.  Corps will gradually be added until they all reach San Antonio.  After that, one - three groups of Corps will follow the usual rut (oops, I mean route) to Atlanta, then north to Allentown, followed by the usual convergence in Indy.

That pretty much sums it up, but the worst region for early shows might well be where I live-the southeast and more specifically South Carolina. But we really do OK come late July.

14 minutes ago, denmum said:

That pretty much sums it up, but the worst region for early shows might well be where I live-the southeast and more specifically South Carolina. But we really do OK come late July.

But it is not all bad. I can be at Crown's practice in an hour or so and Spirit's practice in 2 hours or so. But even more importantly, I can be at Clemson's games in less than an hour.

I know most of the country feels this way, but Northern California gets completely hosed when it comes to the DCI tour.  Think of this:  BD, SCV, and Mandarins are all located within 2.5 hours of each other and represent one-forth of World Class finalists the past two years.  We only get TWO world-class shows!   (Spoiler alert, there are some changes coming this year - the former Stockton/SOME show which was moved to Sacramento last year is no longer.  A "new" show is taking its place, which is more "earlier" than "new."

I want finals in California again.  Sigh.  I know, it won't happen any time soon. 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 9:43 AM, denmum said:

Crown used to have a home show at the very beginning of the season. I wish they kept it but I totally understand why they can’t make that timeframe work anymore. I might be in the minority here but I wish they’d move their SC show back to Irmo HS. I get it, River Bluff is the shiny new toy. But Irmo is easier to get to for a greater number of people. Especially for people coming from out of town. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crownisking said:

Crown used to have a home show at the very beginning of the season. I wish they kept it but I totally understand why they can’t make that timeframe work anymore. I might be in the minority here but I wish they’d move their SC show back to Irmo HS. I get it, River Bluff is the shiny new toy. But Irmo is easier to get to for a greater number of people. Especially for people coming from out of town. 

I think they still have the early July show in Lexington, SC but that is pretty much it for my area.(Greenville, SC).

12 hours ago, denmum said:

I think they still have the early July show in Lexington, SC but that is pretty much it for my area.(Greenville, SC).

Yes. My point though was that Lexington isn’t the most convenient place to get to. Irmo High School isn’t as new or fancy but it’s much less of a hassle getting there and I’m pretty sure the stadium is bigger too.