2020 schedule release?

5 minutes ago, PresentArms said:

Interesting that the Mandarins and SCV have only four shows without each other. Their schedules are nearly identical. Any other pairs of corps that follow each other in 2020?

Someone posted that the Cavies and Boston are in many shows together.

Finally looked at the detailed schedule on Wednesday, November 27.

Considered 15 shows, will head to 6.  Regrets to Detroit, Canton, Zionsville, Evansville, Hamilton, Muncie, Stevens Point, Madison, and LaCrosse.

Whitewater: 109 miles. Opportunity to see the new era of the Madison Scouts.

Rockford: 88 miles. Like Waterwater, a Saturday night show.

Lisle: 25 miles. Only 5 corps but the line up is solid and includes Blue Devils.

DeKalb: 64 miles. Is this Pacific Crest's first appearance in DeKalb?

Allentown: out east. My favorite DCI weekend splurge each year.

Indianapolis: Megabus.

On 11/28/2019 at 10:07 AM, DeanInChicago said:

Finally looked at the detailed schedule on Wednesday, November 27.

Considered 15 shows, will head to 6.  Regrets to Detroit, Canton, Zionsville, Evansville, Hamilton, Muncie, Stevens Point, Madison, and LaCrosse.

Whitewater: 109 miles. Opportunity to see the new era of the Madison Scouts.

Rockford: 88 miles. Like Waterwater, a Saturday night show.

Lisle: 25 miles. Only 5 corps but the line up is solid and includes Blue Devils.

DeKalb: 64 miles. Is this Pacific Crest's first appearance in DeKalb?

Allentown: out east. My favorite DCI weekend splurge each year.

Indianapolis: Megabus.

no St. Louis? it's just down 55...

12 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

I would get burned out watching 18 corps. 

I’m the more, the merrier. In Indy, I love being in my seat for the first corps in prelims and watch them all, same with semi’s. That being said, one year I could not go to Indy or Allentown, but was able to catch Atlanta, and it did seem a bit long, so maybe it’s due to Indy being the final stretch and the eliminations between prelims, semi’s, and finals that I enjoy watching so many corps.

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

I’m the more, the merrier. In Indy, I love being in my seat for the first corps in prelims and watch them all, same with semi’s. That being said, one year I could not go to Indy or Allentown, but was able to catch Atlanta, and it did seem a bit long, so maybe it’s due to Indy being the final stretch and the eliminations between prelims, semi’s, and finals that I enjoy watching so many corps.

Young Fella,

As one grows older, one counts the seconds towards some of those intermissions. Why? Besides the cookie cutter programs, there is that song that Reverah made famous in drum corps,

"the pipes, the pipes are calling..."

• Haha 5

On 11/22/2019 at 1:25 PM, leanlion said:

thanks for your schedule work but please explain to color coding of event sites

Color coding was just to help me track and double check. Tried to keep it by "tour" of sorts but once the tours get close together, corps switch in and out. Doesn't really stand for anything.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 1:06 PM, xandandl said:

Young Fella,

As one grows older, one counts the seconds towards some of those intermissions. Why? Besides the cookie cutter programs, there is that song that Reverah made famous in drum corps,

"the pipes, the pipes are calling..."

Preach it, bro.  

For some who were wondering...spoke to someone at DCI today and asked about why Bristol, RI was taken off the schedule.  I was told they were offered a contract but never got back to DCI with the contract.  DCI called them and asked about the status and was told they were still thinking about it.  Well, I guess they never got back to them.  I guess it's not always what we think it might be in the scheduling business. 

Just an FYI for some of you who might want to know.  Hope everyone has a joyous and wonderful holiday season. 

• Sad 1