2020 schedule release?

1 hour ago, Drum Corps Guy said:

For some who were wondering...spoke to someone at DCI today and asked about why Bristol, RI was taken off the schedule.  I was told they were offered a contract but never got back to DCI with the contract.  DCI called them and asked about the status and was told they were still thinking about it.  Well, I guess they never got back to them.  I guess it's not always what we think it might be in the scheduling business. 

Just an FYI for some of you who might want to know.  Hope everyone has a joyous and wonderful holiday season. 

The Bristol people were offered Mon. 6/29 as their show date. They wanted a July 3 show date to go with the parade but most of the corps were committed to Crown's show and on their way to Fla. then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drum Corps Guy said:

For some who were wondering...spoke to someone at DCI today and asked about why Bristol, RI was taken off the schedule.  I was told they were offered a contract but never got back to DCI with the contract.  DCI called them and asked about the status and was told they were still thinking about it.  Well, I guess they never got back to them.  I guess it's not always what we think it might be in the scheduling business. 

Just an FYI for some of you who might want to know.  Hope everyone has a joyous and wonderful holiday season. 

Thanks for the info.

Some of those so key to the show have passed on. Remember Paul Cain "....YOU may enter the field in competition!!!" ???

I know the "parade committee" people at Bristol have been seeing some retirements, ailments, and those aspects which naturally happen when a good thing ages; the replacement new people don't always have the same priorities or ways of doing things. Still a great experience and place though. I still recommend it to anyone looking for a truly American Fourth.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

Thanks for the info.

Some of those so key to the show have passed on. Remember Paul Cain "....YOU may enter the field in competition!!!" ???

I know the "parade committee" people at Bristol have been seeing some retirements, ailments, and those aspects which naturally happen when a good thing ages; the replacement new people don't always have the same priorities or ways of doing things. Still a great experience and place though. I still recommend it to anyone looking for a truly American Fourth.

Xandandl, Agreed!  I recommend it for the same reason.  I'm originally from that area and grew up attending the parade with my family.   It's been a long standing tradition for us.  I haven't been in a couple of years due to other family commitments here in the DC/Virginia area, but it was always something I looked forward to. 

16 hours ago, xandandl said:

Thanks for the info.

Paul Cain was Drum Corps Royalty as far as I am concerned.  I remember him fondly.  Yes, new faces and new priorities I guess. 

On 12/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, fsthnds said:

The Bristol people were offered Mon. 6/29 as their show date. They wanted a July 3 show date to go with the parade but most of the corps were committed to Crown's show and on their way to Fla. then.

I’m not sure that’s the way the Bristol folks see it and though I am certain they would have loved a July 3rd, I’m not sure the June 29th date would have been a problem. Some years Bristol and later Cranston was not held on July 3rd. If they were in fact offered a contract, the issue could be whether they could get a roster. I know first hand from one organizer being offered a date is not the same thing as being offered a roster. Though the driving distance of Chestnut Hill (BC), Lynn, and Cranston is minimal from the housing sites (in Boston, it’s traffic not distance that extends travel time), but for most of the corps it would be three back to back shows.

• 2 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 5:48 AM, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Color coding was just to help me track and double check. Tried to keep it by "tour" of sorts but once the tours get close together, corps switch in and out. Doesn't really stand for anything.

I've gone back now and edited by regions of the United States using http://www.fasttrackteaching.com/ffap/Geography/Geo_Unit_Regions_and_States.html as the guide.

The schedule spreadsheet has been updated to reflect: 1) addition of NJ/PA show for The Cavaliers; 2) updated show locations per DCI schedule; 3) new region-based color coding; 4) addition of Open Class tab.

• Like 4